After being awake until almost midnight on Sunday (this is tragic, since I get up at 4:30am on Mondays) and getting woken up at least four times by Evan, I was TIRED Monday morning. So I broke my caffeine-free habit and made regular coffee. Big mistake. Caffeine is a downhill spiral, in my opinion, especially when you are breastfeeding. And you hardly ever drink caffeine.
![]() |
| He sleeps so well from 4am-8am...not sure what happens between 8pm and 4am. |
![]() |
| Sometimes Evan just has to go to jail...except he thinks it's fun, so it's a good thing I don't use it as a punishment! |
And can I just tell you this embarrassing story that happened at work?? My boss was walking around introducing his former mentor who was visiting the DC area. He comes into my office to introduce her and I stand up, shake her hand, and she says...wow, you've got a lot going on in here...while looking at my desk. I thought she was commenting on how messy my desk was, until I followed her gaze and realized she was looking at my breast pump! Yikes! I usually just leave it on my desk because the cord is hanging onto its last string and if I move it, it may not work again. Plus, no one ever really comes to our offices so it's rare to get a visitor. I was so embarrassed though. I couldn't tell if my boss was annoyed at me for having my pump sitting out for the entire world to see, but he didn't say anything. I didn't really need him to though, I put it out of view two seconds after they left. I don't think breastfeeding is anything to be ashamed of, but I definitely don't feel like it's super professional to have my pump and its parts sitting all over my desk. We all wear underwear but I sure don't want to go into my co-worker's office and see a pair of her underwear on her desk! Ok - so my pump isn't quite that bad, but I had to work really hard at keeping my face from going completely red and keeping my composure!
*******************************************
Any decaf coffee drinkers out there??
What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you this week??


No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!