05 August 2013

Snail Mail Collective

I'm not sure how I happened along Chelsea's blog, Lost in Travels, but it's fun reading her stories about teaching abroad in South Korea.  Last month she and Melyssa from The Nector Collective started a series called The Snail Mail Collective - a way to meet new friends from around the world.  Those who want to participate sign up and get paired with another person.  After a few weeks of getting to know your partner through email and blogs, you send her a package that has to do with where you live.  I was partnered up with Beka from Sunshine to the Square Inch.

I love the name of her blog - it's so cheery and bright.  I really enjoyed reading her blog posts and seeing the adorable pictures of the S. Korean kiddos that she taught.  She recently returned home and got married (so exciting) and is getting ready to start her new life.  After reading about her wedding here and here, I am definitely going to have to bake these amazing cookies she raves about (she actually served them instead of wedding cake, so they must be good)!

I was super excited to get a little note from Beka for the Snail Mail Collective.  Every day I check the mail and all I see is junk mail, bills, more junk mail, and if I'm lucky...a magazine (unless it's a birthday or holiday - then I get a card from my mom).  So, I was thrilled when I opened the mailbox and there was a special note in there - just for me...with my name on it.  Good times people.


The lovely picture is of the Keeper of the Plains.  I had seen a picture of that on Beka's blog so was intrigued.  I googled it to find out more - you can read more about the Keeper of the Plains here.  I had so much fun learning about Beka, shopping for her little piece of Maryland, and getting a nice card from her.  I had so much fun I signed up for the August Snail Mail Collective!  This month's theme is "Under the Sea" - I am not really sure what I'm going to put in my package but I better start thinking of it soon!

If you want to participate, you can sign up here!  It's a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people - especially people who love to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!