Geez, sometimes I think the weekends are more tiring than the week. I try to get so much stuff done that by the time Monday morning arrives I am yawning like a maniac. This weekend was no different. I am trying to be extra organized since I only have a month before classes start up again and I signed up for Chemistry. Unlike Human Growth and Development, which I took last semester, Chemistry is no joke. And it meets twice a week from 7:30pm-10:20pm. Yikes. And I probably have to study and write a billion lab reports. Sooooooooo not fun. In anticipation of having less time to do things during the week, I am trying to get on a schedule of preparing as much as possible on the weekends.
Food is really the frontrunner when I talk about preparation. The more food I can prepare on the weekend, the less time it takes for me to get dinner on the table during the week. And that is vital. And now I have Evan's food to worry about. Yes, he eats normal food and often just eats what we are eating for dinner, but he needs lunches and I like to have some food in the freezer for when I eat trail mix for dinner (yes, it happens to the best of us). Last week before our camping trip I made tomato sauce with puréed spinach, sweet potato, and molasses. It actually tasted good, but I primarily made it for Evan so he could have some different options. I also made meatballs to go with it. I froze half the sauce into ice cube trays and put the meatballs into freezer bags. It has been great being able to make different meal combinations with that. I've made polenta topped with sauce, meatballs with sauce and ricotta cheese, etc. This past weekend I made lentil burgers with mint yogurt. They were quite tasty. Again, I froze three burgers and divided the others into Evan's lunch bowls so that they are prepared for the week. And if we are talking about taking care of people, I also made a chicken and carrot stew for Ivan to eat all week. And I divided it up into plastic containers so his lunch was already prepared for the week too. He is as much work as the baby sometimes.
In the middle of my cooking extravaganza I got the vacuuming urge and vacuumed the entire house and straightened Evan's room up. I also did a ton of laundry. We had a GIANT bag of 12-24 month clothes that someone had given us and it needed to be washed and sorted through. Some of the clothes are pretty worn or stained, so I will get rid of them, but I figured I'd wash it all so I could see the condition. I didn't get to sorting yet. That will be another night.
Luckily Dolce kept Evan occupied during all this.
Evan is trying to bribe Dolce to be his best friend by giving him toys.
So far Dolce hasn't given in. Thank goodness because I don't want another expensive abdominal surgery!
I also dug out my Hot Sling and stuck Evan in there (using the hip position) to vacuum. It worked out quite well. It was the first time I'd used the sling and I was pretty pleased.
So, last night after all that cooking and cleaning, I was tired. It was late by the time I got Evan into the bath and into bed. I tried to give him a quick bath but we always have so much fun during bath time that we still played a bit.
He thinks he can just climb on in there! Actually, he likes to play with the knobs the most. He stands up in the tub to play with them if I don't catch him quickly enough.
I also finally looked up what his little bruised tush was. I had always wondered because it looked like he had somehow fallen because the top of his tush was always a little black/bluish. Turns out it's a Mongolian spot. Kind of like a birth mark. Interesting, but at least not a bruise. His isn't really that noticeable, when I googled it some images came up that were FAR more extreme than his little bluish spots. However, at least I know what it is now.
All that to say that I am tired today. I actually drank regular coffee this morning instead of decaf. I haven't done that in almost two years (I've had caffeine on a few occasions, just not a regular coffee in the morning at work)! I am going to try and get a bit of shut-eye on the bus before I get home. I don't think I can stay awake to read my book, even if it is very good.
**********************************************************
How was your weekend?
Do you plan you meals out each week or just make something spur of the moment?




No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!