19 August 2013

Pool days, cooking, and hand soccer

Ahh, Monday again.  It happens every week and it's unavoidable.

This weekend went by way too fast, although every weekend feels like that.  These days the weeks seem to go by too fast too.  This is my last week of freedom before school starts.  Boo.  I can't even imagine adding class twice a week to my already busy schedule.  So sad.  The only good thing is that the two professors that I have were highly recommended.  And it's my last prerequisite! Too bad that means I have to get my application ready, write a bunch of essays, and take the TEAS (nursing entrance exam).  None of those are fun and they were all things I was supposed to do during the summer.  Whoops.  We shall see how it goes.

It is mid-August and we finally made it to the pool.

It only took us 2.5 months.  The pools close after Labor Day so we don't have many days left.  The water was freezing but Evan didn't care too much.  He had a blast splashing  and walking around. He doesn't look too thrilled in the photo above, but I promise he loved it.  My back got sore from bending over so much holding his hand.  It was fun though.

His swimming diaper is just about the cutest thing on the planet.

Can you get any cuter than whales?  We bought it from The Honest Company.  I accidentally threw it in the dryer though and now it looks really small.  So not sure if it will fit him again.


Sunday was filled with cooking again.  Of course.  And loads of laundry.  And many episodes of Army Wives.  And I'm proud to say that I got all of the clothes folded except the baby's.  And the towels/sheets.  That is practically a miracle because I folded the clothes from last week yesterday too.  I have a habit of washing clothes and then putting them in a "to be folded" pile and never touching them again.  Then Ivan complains because all of his clothes are a wrinkled mess. 

For dinner I made a Salsa Verde Chicken in the crockpot.  It was too easy.  Season the chicken with salt, oregano, garlic powder, and cumin and then throw it in the crockpot with a jar of green salsa for two hours.  I also made Quinoa and Spinach Patties for Evan's lunches.  They were a bit more time consuming, but stilly turned out good.  My photo isn't that great though because I took it with my iPad in my badly lit kitchen.


The recipe made a lot, so I froze a bunch.

That was pretty much my weekend.  This morning Evan woke up early (shocker since he had a bit of a fitfull night) so was playing soccer all morning while I got ready for work.


He just hits the ball and then chases it.  He kept getting it stuck under the stroller and then he'd bat it and it would hit the wall and comeback.  He thought it was amazing.  I'm glad he was entertained.


Can you see his rat-tail hanging down his back??  We are getting his hair cut soon, so that will be gone one of these days.

And now I'm on the bus heading to work and trying to keep my eyes open.  It figures that Evan would sleep great all weekend and then decide to sleep badly on Sunday night.

***************************************************

Have you been to the pool this summer?

What new recipes have you tried recently?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I bet swimming with Evan is such a blast. And that swim diaper - too cute! Good luck with the new semester!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!