12 August 2013

Frozen yogurt, bike rides, and brunch

This weekend was so much fun.  It started with a trip to Target Friday evening.  I try my best not to go to Target because even if I only have to buy one thing there, I end up spending $100.  It's impossible to just get what you need.  Literally, impossible.  We were just going in there to buy a mini-grill and charcoal and we left with bags and bags of stuff.  To the music of $150.  Yikes!  But, I have to say, we got some exciting stuff.

We then decided to meet my sister and her family for dinner.  We went to the village center (kind of like a strip mall I guess) and all got different things and then ate at the tables outside.  I was going to get sushi but decided on Subway at the last minute.  Ivan had Chinese - of course.  It was a fun time.

On Saturday I had golf in the morning and then we were going to grill at the lake.  Except the weather was a bit cloudy and Ivan wanted to play golf.  I wasn't really in the mood to grill either, so I let him off the hook.  Evan was a bit sick so I felt like it was better to just hang out at home anyway.

But Sunday - that was the fun day.

I was planning on going to church in the morning because Ivan was going to ride his bike to work (and then I'd have to car for church).  However, Ivan over slept and was running late so he took the car instead.  Evan slept until 8:45am anyway, so we wouldn't have made it to 9am church even if we had the car!  I think he slept so late because he was sick, but at least when he woke up his nose was running a lot less than before.

When Ivan got home he wanted to go to brunch at Mimi's Cafe.  He's really in to brunch these days.  We used to go to brunch with some friends but they moved to Florida, so we need to find new brunch pals.  Except that Ivan has soccer on Sundays again so it might not work out very well anymore.  Since we didn't get to grill on Saturday, Ivan promised that we'd do something together on Sunday.

We decided to go on a family bike ride!  I cannot explain how excited I was about this!
 

In Target on Friday we had come across a Schwinn bike trailer on super clearance for only $47.00.  It was so cheap that we couldn't pass it up.  So we put it in our cart, found an infant bike helmet, and were already planning our great family bike outings.  I wasn't sure if we'd actually get out there for a while, but I was wrong.  Ivan wanted to just bike around the neighborhood, but I am not one to do anything "easy".  I must do everything to the extreme.  So I convinced him it would be a good idea to bike to frozen yogurt.  It was probably a 6-mile round-trip ride - and a bit hilly at parts.  My thighs were definitely protesting and I wasn't pulling a baby and trailer like Ivan was.  However, take a look at the bike I was forced to ride.

I got this picture from google, it is not my actual bike.
It's a Schwinn Jaguar - a beach cruiser, to be exact.  Definitely not something meant to go up hills and on paths.  It's meant for the boardwalk and beach living.  My sister had originally bought it to take to Outer Banks, but then never did so she gave it to my husband and me.  I owned a mountain bike but when we had to "pick" bikes, no way was Ivan riding the cruiser!

So we put dragged the bikes and the trailer down three flights of stairs, put Evan in his little helmet (cutest thing on the planet), and made our way to frozen yogurt.


 Then we relaxed and ate our yogurt before getting back on our bikes and heading home.

Pink lemonade with coconut and blueberries (the blueberries were mainly for Evan)


Ivan got vanilla with strawberries and coconut


We made sure to put some toys in there for Evan, so he didn't get bored.
So much fun!  Evan didn't complain once - not about having to wear a helmet or being in the trailer.  I think he liked having the wind in his face and bouncing along!

After we got home, Ivan walked the dog and Evan and I went to the grocery store.  Then I made dinner and Ivan gave Evan a bath.  I made one of our Hello Fresh meals.  It was so yummy.  I'll do a post about Hello Fresh soon - I love it!  This was citrus salmon with summer salad.  The little plate is Evan's. He usually loves salmon but was too tired to eat this time.  So he threw most of it on the floor for Dolce.


After Evan's bath, he was determined to avoid getting a diaper put on.  He tooled around in his towel looking like a super hero.  It was too cute!

My aunt made this towel - it is so big and fluffy.  So much nicer than regular baby towels.
He was going so fast that the pictures kept coming out blurry!  But he did stop to play with the laundry basket - one of his favorite things.  He loves to put thing in there and then take them out.


 
I still wasn't in bed before 11pm though.  Boo.

But it was such a great day, I can't complain too much!

********************************************

Did you do anything fun this weekend?

What time do you go to bed?

1 comment:

  1. Aww! A family bike ride sounds awesome! And OMG, I love those pics of Evan. He just gets cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!