I usually don't like to run during lunch when it's so hot out. We don't have showers so that means I have to be sweaty all day long. During the winter it's no big deal because I don't sweat that badly, but now that it's 80+ degrees out and 70% humidity, not sweating isn't really an option. However, it is so hard to get my runs in after I get home from work that I feel like lunchtime is my only option. Sweaty mess and all.
Here, I am, all sweaty. Not sure what that thing is in the bottom left corner, I think it's my iPod case.
Today I put on my running clothes and realized that I forgot my socks. I just had my business socks on...which happened to have red peppers on them.
Yeah, I know, totally professional. So I had to run in those. I didn't think it would be too big a deal since I was only going 3 miles, but no, I got a blister.
And a lot of foot fuzz from the socks. Note to self, remember my running socks next time. They are important! And no criticizing my feet, I realize they are not my sexiest attribute. And I also realize that my shoes are old as dirt. My hubs was going to buy me a new pair for my bday but he bought me golf clubs instead. So, I'm still running in the same shoes I ran the Marine Corps marathon in...in 2011. That's practically a crime but I keep spending our money on groceries and car seat bags and ridiculously expensive half marathons that I don't have money to buy new shoes. And not only are they old but they are all stretched out from my fat pregnancy feet.
It's on my to do list. Buy new running shoes.
I'm surprised I got my run in because work is so busy right now, but I'm glad I did. I was extra efficient in the afternoon and that was an added bonus. I also realized that I grossly underestimate how long it will take me to do things. I swore I'd have my mailing for National HIV Test Day done today but even though I was very productive, there were too many things to do. I guess it will go out tomorrow instead. Hopefully the staff meeting doesn't eat up too much of my time.
Now I'm on the bus home. Fun times. I don't have Internet access, but I can upload this when I get home. Might as well do something productive on the 2 hour bus ride home, right?
And because I can't end a post without my adorable baby, here's a pic I snapped this morning of Evan sleeping. It's a bit dark because I didn't want to wake him and my iPad doesn't have a flash. It's adorable anyway, in my opinion.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!