10 June 2013

A lot of outside and too many dog walks

These nice spring/summer days keep me outside as much as possible.  It's like I can't get outside enough.  This is good and bad.  It's good because it makes me happy to be outside but it's bad because it means I get nothing done in the house (i.e. I only got one load of laundry done).

This weekend was spent outside - pretty much walking dogs a gazillion times.

On Saturday morning I coached golf from 8am-12pm.  It started raining but I made the girls finish their putting test.  They thought I was mean, but I hate going inside just because it's raining.  Now, if it were pouring, that's a different story.  However, this was just a bit heavier than a drizzle - no one was soaking wet or anything.  If we had been playing soccer or football - they would never have brought the kids inside.  I refuse to let golf be a wimpy sport.  So, they finished their test and it stopped raining and all were happy.

It then got super sunny and beautiful outside.  Hubs went to play golf (the story of his life these days) and I went to take the baby and dog for a walk (the story of my life).  We walked around one of the lakes near the house (there are three) and completed about two miles or so.  Evan fell asleep but then work up when I banged the stroller up the four flights of stairs.  I wonder why. 

We relaxed a bit, played on the floor and then hubs came home.  I was hoping to go for a run so I ended up taking Evan with me again (if Evan never learns to walk it will be because he goes on too many stroller rides).  I am taking care of my friend's dog and her brother's dog and cat, so I decided to run there and take the dogs out.  They both live on the same street so Evan and I took the long way and ran two miles to her house, picked up her dog, walked to her brother's, picked up his dog, and walked about half a mile.  Her dog is 12 years old and his dog is a tiny terrier-type so they don't need too long of walks.  It was a bit challenging walking two dogs (the terrier-type and a golden retriever) with the stroller.  I'm sure I looked ridiculous.

Then we fed the animals and ran the two miles home.  Or that was the plan.  Evan got tired of being in the stroller and pitched a fit so I took him out and carried him about half a mile.  My legs were tired from coaching, walking dogs, and running.  I think three dog walks is my limit.  When we got home I wanted fro yo so hubs and I packed up Evan and headed to the local fro yo joint.  I had fro yo just that morning too (after coaching golf).  The same guy was working...I'm hoping he didn't notice that I had just been in there a few hours before. 

Sunday was the same type of thing.  I had to walk all three dogs (this time I put Evan in the baby Mei Tai rather than the stroller).  No one got a long walk this time though - I was over it.  I went at 6:30am so that I could go straight to the grocery store after that.  In order to go to the grocery store I had to drop the hubs off at work - so that is why we were up so early.  It made the day seem very long...by the time dinner rolled around it seems like eons ago that I had gone to the grocery store.  I spent more money that I should have (it seems so impossible to keep to my $100 a week budget) and got nothing.  I hate when that happens.

I walked the dogs that evening too. 

I walked the dogs at 4am this morning before getting ready for work too. 

I am over dog-walking.  Completely over it.  Just like I am completely over washing dishes.  They are both jobs that never end.  You finish it and the next thing you know there are more dishes in the sink or another dog has to pee.  I have started watching Amazon Prime shows on the iPad while washing dishes and that helps a bit.  My show of the moment is Doc Martin.  So funny!

Sorry - I don't have any photos to illustrate this lovely post.  I will take pics today!

****What is your grocery budget?****

****What chores to you despise?****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!