20 June 2013

I never thought I'd...Thursday

Have you ever done something that you never thought you'd do? Yeah, me too.

Actually, this is something I never thought my husband would do, but I think that still counts.  It's my blog, so I make the rules.

Last night, after dinner and after giving Evan a bath I randomly asked Ivan if he'd help me clean the bathrooms. They were super disgusting because it is so hard to find the time to clean them. Hubs totally shocked me by saying yes! I could have rolled over in happiness. So we got to work. I sprayed them down and cleaned the sinks and toilets and hubs cleaned the shower and bathtub.  Great deal because I hate cleaning the bathtub and shower. And although hubs hates to clean, he is really good at it and scrubs with all his might, so the shower and bathtub are now spotless.  Or at least they were last night.

For the most part, hubs and I have divided the chores. I think I have way more, but at least he does something. Especially now during the summer when it's hot, hubs comes home from work utterly exhausted. Working outside in this heat is tiring so he often comes home and naps.  I am tired after work too - commuting and working my brain all day is tiring too, but in a different way.  So I let Ivan get away with less chores. And let's be honest, Ivan doesn't care quite as much about cleaning the house. His jobs are to take out the trash, take out the recycle, wash the car, and vacuum.  He does these things regularly so I don't have to nag him about it. If the trash is stinky and I want him to take it out, I just tell him it's stinky and he says he'll take it out.

That's why I was shocked he said yes about the bathrooms. Who likes doing the bathrooms?? No one.  But let me tell you, it went way quicker than it does when I do it by myself.

And then he went back to this:


Watching soccer.  The World Cup qualifying matches are on so it seems like every day is another big soccer match.  The picture above was actually from Tuesday. Honduras was playing USA. That's a big day in our house! I rooted for USA and hubs rooted for Honduras. I have no idea who Evan will root for in the future.  USA ended up winning 1-0, but it was still a good game. Yesterday we watched Japan vs. Italia.  We were both rooting for Italia, or course, since I am part Italian.

While the game was on Evan entertained himself with a box.


He was really excited.


He played until dinner. Then it was bath and bedtime.

***************************************

What chores do you have around the house? What chore do you hate doing?

Do you watch the World Cup Qualifying matches? What's your favorite soccer/football team?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!