On Sunday I had my FIRST RACE since the Marine Corps Marathon! It was only 4.09 miles (it was a race to raise money for some victims of the Boston bombing), but I had to run with the jogging stroller. I have only run about 2 miles with the stroller and really have only ran about 3 miles without it. I just haven't found the time to go for long runs these day. I was a bit nervous about how it would be (there were two hills on the route and we did two loops), but it turned out fine. I started in the back but then passed a bunch of people (which is HARD when you have a stroller because you really have to weave in and out carefully). I even passed people going uphill with the wind blowing right in my face.
| We're finished!! (This was taken after we had finished, but we were pretending to run it in.) |
I finished in 39.27 which is approximately a 9:38 pace. I was pretty happy with that - especially since I had started way in the back and it took me a long time to get into a good pace, so I think my last two miles were faster than that. I will probably not run with the jogger in too many more races since it is really annoying to manuever. I don't mind pushing it, but there are just too many people and it makes it hard to get around without running over feet. This was a small, local race so it wasn't a big deal. We don't have a lot of money for races anyway, so I'm not sure how many more I'll do. Probably not a lot. My next big race will most likely be the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Feburary that I am planning on running with my sister. I really wanted to do the Baltimore Half this year, but it's so expensive that I am pretty sure I'll miss it.
| Look at my big arm muscles! Hahahahaha! |
After the race I wanted to go home and sleep but Evan had different plans. He has a new thing for dog bones. Every time I closed my eyes he was after it again!
| He scoots himself all the way to the dog bone... |
| He grabs the bone... |
| And then he tries to eat the bone! Gross!! |
I didn't realize he was going to put it in his mouth so the photo is blurry because I grabbed the bone out of his hand (it might have been two seconds too late). One day before Evan could scoot around the house I went into the kitchen to grab something and came back and Dolce and Evan were chewing on this bone together - Evan on one side and Dolce on the other. Yikes! Evan's new favorite thing is Dolce - he scoots all over the house just to be near the dog. Dolce finds it very annoying!
For the rest of the afternoon we played around, did laundry, and walked to the library to return a very over-due book. My family book club is discussing The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo on Tuesday. I finally finished the book but hadn't returned it and it was due last Monday. Yikes! I had already renewed it twice so I couldn't renew it again. The library wasn't too far away and I had to walk the dog anyway - so we just walked up there and back.
How was your weekend?
Do any races??
I'm glad Evan likes Dolce's bones, we have had to put the cat food up on a table, otherwise Jonas will snack on it...
ReplyDeleteHaha - I don't like Evan crawling in the kitchen because it's old and gross. No matter how much I clean it it still feels gross. He would totally eat the dog food though....
DeleteCongrats, Kattrina! What an awesome event - and time, especially with a stroller! And OMG - Evan just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I felt pretty fierce pushing the stroller up the hills and passing people. You'll find out what that feels like soon enough!
Delete