I had a pretty exciting day back to work on Tuesday. A few weeks ago I was asked to give the closing remarks at a Congressional Briefing. I didn't really want to do it, but decided I would because who knows when I'd be asked again. I was a bit nervous, but it went ok. I feel like I could have done a better job and if ever asked again, I would, but it was my first time so I wasn't exactly clear on what my role was. I didn't do a terrible job, but I could definitely have improved. After, I took a picture in front of the podium, like a complete dork. Oh well, sometimes you have to look ridiculous!
I had to get up extra early so I could look professional...meaning blow dry my hair and put on make-up. After all that work I don't think I looked that professional anyway. I could seriously use a haircut. My hair was so drab, even after spending time drying it and stuff. A haircut is just so expensive and we are so short on cash. It would be nice to look decent again though, rather than frumpy. Maybe one of these days.
My running is going slowly these days. I went once at my parents' house, but that was it. I really need to step my game up. I usually get my runs in at work, it's the weekend runs that allude me. I feel like I still have plenty of time, but in reality I don't. I am going to try to be more vigilant about getting out there often and for longer distances. Let's hope it works.
Not much to share today. Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!