07 October 2013

Pumpkins, Parenthood, etc.

It's dark when I leave for work now.  Pretty soon it's gonna be dark when I get home too.  Yesterday I went to walk the dog at 7pm and it was dark.  How sad.  It's not that I haven't experienced the days getting shorter for my entire life, but it still surprises me.  And it really surprises hubs because the days don't change in Honduras.  The closer to the equator you are the less the days change, so there it was pretty much light out from 6am-6pm and during the winter it might differ by half an hour.

What feels extra weird is that we've been having a hot spell so it was in the upper 80s all week and weekend.  And our air conditioner broke and the landlord doesn't want to fix it very quickly.  So we were pretty much roasting all weekend, in October...while the days get shorter.  Feels strange.  I think cooler temps are on the way though, and day light savings time is going to end in a few weeks too, so it will be lighter in the morning at least.

This weekend we went to the pumpkin patch!  Last year I skipped a lot of the holiday festivities because Evan was so young, but this year we are trying to enjoy them all.  It was lots of fun, but hot.


Yes, I'm holding a teddy bear.  It was teddy bear party day so if you brought a bear you got a free hay ride.  I'm all for free hay rides so I carried the bear around all day.  The hayride was itchy but fun.  They also had a petting zoo, fun slides, pony rides, face painting, and mining for gems.  We didn't do too many of those because they cost extra, but we did do the petting zoo.  Evan loved the goats and wasn't afraid to pet them or feed them.  I think it's because we have such a big, fluffy dog.

Then we walked to the pumpkin patch and snagged a mini-pumpkin.


Yesterday was filled with grocery shopping and cooking and some laundry.  First we went for a walk  though...my favorite thing.  The colors here are a little bland these days for autumn.  I'm hoping they perk up a bit.  



We took a different path and it was so pretty.


We stumbled upon this canoe and it made me think of Anne of Green Gables. 


I actually managed to cook three things yesterday: chili, tomatoe sauce, and meatballs.  All those things cooking didn't help my kitchen from exploding from heat though. Then I was determined to fold all these clothes and put them away before going to bed.  They'd been around for two weeks.


I succeeded, although it was 11:30pm when I crawled into bed.  And I have to get my run in today.  I think it's a half-caf coffee day.

And I can't put into words how excited I am that Season 4 of Parenthood is on Amazon Prime now!!!

**************************
Do you go to a pumpkin patch or do you just buy your pumpkin at the store?

How often do you do laundry?  And do you fold your clothes right away?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!