25 October 2013

It's Friday and I'm blogging

Are you even reading this, because I don't usually blog on Fridays.  However, I have a meeting at work, so I am on the bus.  In reality it seems like I never got off the bus because it took me almost two hours to get home last night.  Obama decided to have a meeting around the corner from where my bus stops and clogged up the traffic big time.  Then my regular bus broke down and I had to take a local, which means it stops at all the park and rides.  By the time I got home it was time for bed.  Not really, but it felt like it.  Surprisingly enough I finished all my evening tasks and made it to bed early - 10pm!!  That's two early nights in the same week!  Who am I???  P.S. I probably should have been doing some Chemistry studying instead.

Of course, then this morning I got a late start because Evan kept crying and wouldn't let me take a shower.  I eventually just took him in the shower with me and then plopped him in the sink while I got ready for work.


He actually stays there contentedly for a long time.  Until he starts throwing everything overboard and then looks over the edge to see where it went.  I thought I might have to go to the late bus stop, but I didn't.  We made it in time to the regular bus.

I think I'm gonna do a few Fill in the Blanks this Friday.  That used to be my favorite link-up, but it was discontinued.  So now I'll make up my own, with a Halloween theme.  Feel free to play along and link to your answers in the comments!

Kattrina's Fill in the Blanks

1) This Halloween I'm going to dress up as nothing.  I don't usually dress up at all, not a big fan.  My son is going to be a one-eyed monster though.  It's a really cute costume and will keep him nice and warm.

2) My favorite Halloween candy is chocolate-based.  I really like the Snickers, Reese's peanut butter cups, Milky Ways, KitKats, etc.  I always hated those cinnamon red dot things that came in clear plastic bags.  Not good at all.

3) A Halloween memory I have is dumping all my candy out on the floor into a big pile with my sisters and looking at what we got.  Then we'd start a huge exchange, especially since my younger sister couldn't eat chocolate, we'd exchange all our non-chocolate for her chocolate.  Great deal!

4) Halloween is a fun holiday.  I love looking at people's costume and seeing how they decorate the house.  And it's the first holiday of the holiday season!  I've never been a huge Halloween party person though - just the low key holiday for me.

5) You are to old to go trick-or-treating after middle school...although I still went in 9th grade.  But I think 13 is kind of the cut-off in my book.

6) My Halloween tradition includes getting a pumpkin, going to my sister's house for pre-Halloween treats, then trick-or-treating with her in-laws.  It's an ok tradition, but I'd like to add a few things (like carving a pumpkin, which I haven't done since being a kid) and make it more our own family tradition.  Who knows.

So there you have it!

Happy Friday!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading! Glad you posted this Friday. :-) Can't wait to see pics of that cute costume. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween isn't a big thing in Denmark, though it's getting bigger, and the last couple of years I have carved a pumpkin, but that's it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing the same thing with my brothers and our candy! :) This year, we actually might have trick-or-treaters, too, so I am majorly excited for the big day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!