29 October 2013

Random dinners and finally a bus that works


First, I'd like to mention that the bus showed up last night so I finally got home at my regular time.  And the bus showed up this morning and it's not broken so far, so maybe I'll get to work at a decent time too.

And how do you like my new slippers?


Ivan bought them for me at Costco.  He loves slippers and can't imagine life without them.  I should have gotten them a size larger, but I didn't.  Oh well.

And today I have to call the vet because poor Dolce has a hurt foot.  He has been limping since Sunday.


I thought it would go away but I think it's getting worse.  Boo.  He looks really pathetic in this photo but really he's just sleeping.  My foot is starting to feel better though, so I'm happy about that.

Yesterday was a bit exhausting for some reason, even though I slept for a long time because my bus took 1.5 hours to get to DC.  I should have been wide awake.  Nope, I was tired and got a headache.  Fun times.  I have been the laziest cook ever for a while and all we've been eating is the fastest food I can cook.  On Sunday I made ground beef with hoisin sauce for Ivan.  It sounds gross, maybe, but it's actually really good.  I top it with cabbage and roll it in a tortilla and it's pretty tasty.  I didn't eat it this time because it has Red 40 in it and that's supposed to be really bad for kids.  I obviously didn't give it to Evan either.  Evan got a delicious meal of mystery pasta sauce (mystery because it has spinach and sweet potatoes in it) with polenta and some cheese.  He actually loves it.  Strange, I know.  I had some of the gazillion ravioli I have left over.

Then I made some lunches.


Don't you just love Evan's lunchbox?  I do!  And that's my green one.  It's not as cute because I need the biggest thing I can find because I take so much food.  People think it's weird that I plan out Evan's food for the week, but I'm telling you, it makes my life so much easier.  Every day I consult the list and put today's items in the bag or gather them in the fridge.  Hardly any thinking involved.  I think I should start doing the same thing for myself!

I have a chemistry test today so I tried to get some studying done.


It did not go well.  Pretty much about ten minutes into it Evan started crying and wouldn't calm down so I had to give up the notecards and head to bed.  Guess I'll try to study during my bus ride home.

*****************************************

What did your evening look look like last night?

What did you have for dinner?

Do you bring or buy lunch if you work outside the home?


1 comment:

  1. What a good planner/survivor you are Mommy! The most important thing is to get calories into your kidlet so finding things they will eat is essential. I feel for you with that long commute - esp with winter coming! You are remarkable in all that you manage to do and the number of balls you keep in the air.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!