14 March 2013

The inaugural Bob Run

First, I’m really proud of myself for spelling inaugural correct on the first try.  I hope that I did, but I guess my spell check could be broken. 

DSCN1724

How do you like Evan’s hair in that picture.  He has this patch of hair that always sticks straight up in the air, a bit like Alfalfa.  So adorable!

Anyway…

Last weekend I took my first run with BOB and Evan.  And it was great.  I have been waiting and waiting until I felt like Evan was big enough to go on a BOB run and the day finally arrived.  I have been taking a lot of walks with BOB, but hadn’t tried a run yet.  So, last Saturday (I know, it took me a long time to get this post written and published), I told the hubs that I was going on a run that morning.

I said it out loud and with force so that I would actually do it.  It is tough getting out of bed early on Saturday when I feel like I am so sleep deprived all week.  And there just isn’t as much time in the afternoon/evening to run and it’s hard to organize with Evan’s erratic nap schedule.

I decided that I would combine my run with a visit to my sister.  Her house is a little over a mile away, so I figured I would run to her house, read her girls a few books, and then run back.  I love reading her kids books.  I love reading books to whoever will listen actually.  So, I put a few books in the bottom of the BOB and headed out.

I forgot that her house is pretty much all uphill.  And the BOB is a bit heavy.  It was tough!  And the day before I had done some strength training.  I decided to break out my workouts from Tina and try to lift a few weights again.  Her workouts are great and the next day my arms, abs, and legs were sore.  And then I went on an uphill run with BOB and Evan.  I thought my arms might fall off – they sure wanted to.  I made it though.

Then I took a long break and read a bunch of books to my nieces.  We read Little Blue Truck Leads the Way, Llama Llama Misses Mama, and I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More.  They were all great books.  We took the Llama Llama book home to borrow for a while.

Then it was time to head back.  I convinced my sister to change into her running clothes and run 3/4 of the way back with me.  I don’t think I’ve ever run with my sister.  She isn’t really a runner, but she’s determined to start and has already signed up for a 5k race in May.  We have plans to run together every Saturday.  I am much slower with the BOB and I haven’t been running much so we are fairly evenly matched.  Her ultimate goal is to run Disney’s Princess Half Marathon in February 2014.  I kinda said I would do it with her.  I am not worried about the half marathon – but I am a bit worried about the cost of the entire event.

When I got home and dragged the stroller up four flights of stairs, this is what I saw:

DSCN1745

Apparently running in the BOB really tuckered him out.  He actually slept like this for 2.5 hours.  One of his longest naps ever.  I thought for sure he’d wake up sweaty and hot, but nope, he was nice a comfy.  I was a bit worried that I had given him a concussion or something, but he was totally fine.

Then my husband fell asleep waiting for Evan to wake up.

DSCN1744

I was the one who woke up early, ran 2.5 miles pushing a heavy stroller with a baby inside and I was making shopping lists and doing laundry while everyone else was sleeping.

Figures!

2 comments:

  1. The alfalfa picture is beyond words adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought so too - he has the craziest hair ever. It is always sticking up. My sister said he has a serious case of permanent bedhead. My husband wants to give him a crew cut. I have firmly put my hand down - the hair stays for now!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile!!