31 March 2013

Easter Celebration for All!

If I get this published and it is still Easter, it will be a miracle.  I am always super behind on posts, especially holiday posts.  I am going to try and get this written and published today though.  We shall see.  I still have a bucket load of stuff to do…

We spent Easter morning with my nun friend Sister Delia.  Ivan had to work a few hours in the morning, so we postponed the egg hunt until after church.  We went to mass at the Motherhouse (principle house for my nun friend’s order), which was filled with a lot of older nuns who loved Evan.  He was a hit.  The chapel was decorated with so many beautiful Easter flowers, so we took a picture.

DSC04588

After mass we decided to hit up Panera for a little brunch.  Sister Delia wasn’t feeling so hot and so she didn’t want to eat too much and since it’s Easter, brunch is like the most popular thing in the world.  And for some reason, brunch is always $30 a person on Easter.  Not worth it.  So, I figured Panera wouldn’t be too crowded and we could all get a little food.  It was the best choice ever.  We ate, caught up, told stories, passed Evan around, and called it a day.  Evan wanted to drive home but I said no.  Pacifiers and driving do not mix.  He thought that as long as he had his seatbelt on, he was good to go.  Sorry bud.

DSC04589

When we got home, I made Evan and Ivan go look for Easter eggs.  I (or the Easter Bunny) hid the eggs and two Easter baskets (one from us and one from Evan’s Mimi).  Since Evan is too little to look by himself and Ivan was sleeping when I hid them, I figured they could look together.  It was the cutest thing ever.

DSC04590

Evan was actually quite good at grabbing the eggs when Ivan pointed them out.  Then he tried to eat them.  They were plastic though, so not too tasty.

DSC04592

Finally they found the first Easter basket!

DSC04595

They had a hard time finding the second though….

DSC04597

It wasn’t under the bed…

DSC04598

It was behind the suitcase!

DSC04599

Then Evan got all excited to open it up and see what was inside.

DSC04600

Dolce wanted to see what was inside too!  Mimi did a much better job of filling his Easter basket – it had fun stuff like toys, clothes, and books.  The one I put together had a book, a chocolate bunny (which he can’t eat), and plastic eggs filled with candy (which he can’t eat).  So, basically he got a book.  Yeah, I am not very creative.  I need to think harder about these things.  I just couldn’t think of what to put in there and then didn’t have time to go get stuff.  Luckily his Mimi came through and put together a great Easter basket for him.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning (Evan’s Godmother is coming over to watch him tomorrow and Ivan wanted the house to be spick-and-span) and cooking.  And trying to get Evan to nap.  Napping didn’t really happen.  Evan has decided that he wants to roll over like a maniac so it makes it impossible for him to lay still and get comfortable…so he just cries out of frustration.  It is making for long days and even longer nights.  Not my idea of fun.

Easter was a hit in our house – church and the Easter bunny, good times for all.  I love Easter and I loved Easter growing up, so I’m hoping Evan learns to love it too.  I think Evan had fun hunting for Easter baskets with his Daddy!

4 comments:

  1. All of these holidays and little traditions become extra special when you are passing them along to your little ones. Happy you enjoyed another "first" with Evan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Lyn - traditions seem extra special when you pass them on to the next generation. And I LOVE a good tradition!

      Delete
  2. Evan is getting so big and strong! I loved the pictures of him "driving" and opening Mimi's Easter basket. Any luck with solid foods? Soon there'll be lots of delicious fresh choices...maybe you'll be able to avoid $2.00 apples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much luck with solids. We are doing baby-led weaning which is working ok, but he's still not eating much besides breastmilk. And I can't wait until summer when we can get cheaper strawberries and lots of watermelon.

      Delete

Your comments make me smile!!