20 March 2013

I need more time

I don’t have time for a long post today, it is late and I still haven’t finished my chores from the weekend.  Yes, I realize that it is Wednesday so they are super late, but that is life.  My weekends are so filled and I am realizing that there just isn’t enough time for everything.  So instead, things like laundry got done but then it stays in a huge pile on the floor in our closet.  Waiting for someone to fold it.  That hasn’t happened.  I was kind of hoping some little elves would come and fold it but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  I think I’ll leave it there a little bit longer, just in case they are backed up.

I did manage to get these clothes sorted out.  The ones in the blue basket are Evan’s 3-6 month clothes.  They are too small now, for the most part.  So I washed them all up, folded them, and put them in storage containers.  Then I took out his 6-9 month clothes (the piles on the floor), washed them, folded them, and put them in his drawers.  I probably should have took them out a bit earlier because there are some 6 month clothes that are almost too small. 

DSCN1765

Evan played on the floor while I sorted.  He was really helpful.

DSCN1767

I then had a ton of diapers to wash, stuff, and put away.  This is a small fraction of what I had – these were actually from Friday.  There was another load in the washer. 

DSCN1768

Those are actually part of the pile in the closet waiting for the elves.  I have only been stuffing enough to get by – four for my sister for the day and one or two for Ivan for the afternoon.  I just haven’t caught up yet. 

I then did a bunch of cooking.  I made Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken, which was really good, and Tortilla Chip Casserole.  The chicken was amazing – so yummy.  We had it over rice the first night but I have been taking it to work every day for lunch and topping a whole wheat tortilla with cheese, cabbage, and the chicken and it’s amazing.  The casserole was good too, but not amazing.  I have had it every day for dinner.  Every day.  It’s still good though.  This is what the kitchen looked like afterwards.

DSCN1769

And please excuse the ugliness of the kitchen.  The people who own our condo don’t care a bit about it so they haven’t updated anything.  That has to be the original kitchen cabinets – and they are so hideous. 

Luckily my husband has remembered how to wash the dishes, so he washed all of these.  I was so happy.

But that is pretty much every weekend in a nutshell.  It’s crazy busy with chores and catch-up.  And this week I had to go into the office four days because I had a Congressional Briefing on one of my work from home days.  Boo.  I am exhausted after waking up so early four days in a row.  I am so happy I am able to work from home normally.  It is a life-saver.

Here’s hoping this weekend is a bit calmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!