Happy Good Friday! Or just Happy Friday! I have off from work today and I am thrilled!!! A three-day weekend is the best. And it’s Easter on Sunday, so that’s exciting. I can’t wait for Evan to get his little Easter basket (filled with chocolate for me…). We are spending Easter with my nun-friend and she hasn’t seen Evan since he was two months old – so that will be fun.
I decided to participate in Five Question Friday again. Remember, if you want to participate, just head over Five Crooked Halos!
- How often should adults have birthday parties?
As often as they want? When my husband first moved here we had birthday parties for him every year (so two – he’s been here three years and last year Evan was born right before his birthday so we didn’t have a party). It’s not like it was a themed party with goodie bags or anything, but usually a BBQ with people over. Any excuse to have a party and hang out is fine by me! - What was your room decorated like when you were a child?
Nothing spectacular. I grew up in the military and we moved around a lot so we always rented houses or lived in base housing. We couldn’t paint any of the walls so pretty much I always had plain white walls, some pictures hung up, and a bedspread. I remember I had a dog bedspread when I was really little and then when I was in middle school/high school I had a floral bedspread. Like I said, nothing spectacular. - Do you have any traditions for Easter? If so, what, and do you have a why behind that?
We had traditions when we were growing up. The night before we’d decorate Easter eggs then we’d wake up and hunt for the eggs and our Easter basket. There would be hardboiled eggs and plastic eggs hidden around the house and then a bigger Easter basket that would have a chocolate bunny and a small gift. Then we’d go to church and come home and eat ham. Now I usually go to church on Easter Sunday and we are starting Easter baskets with Evan but he’s so little he won’t know what’s going on. I’m not cooking ham – we’re going out to eat…but not at one of the fancy brunches that cost $30 a person. We are just going to a small diner. - Do you get Good Friday off? If so, any plans?
We don’t get “Good Friday” off, but we get a Spring Holiday that is always on Good Friday. A lot of the people in my office are Jewish, atheist, or agnostic, so it wouldn’t make sense to have Good Friday off. However, it is Spring Break in a lot school districts so every year we vote on a floating holiday and it always happens to be Good Friday because so many kids are out of school. So, I’m off today! No plans – just relax and get some stuff done. Hubs is going golfing and I’m playing with Evan – and maybe taking a walk. - Did you wear hat and white shoes to church on Easter (or is that just in the South)?
No, I did not. I may have had white shoes to match my Easter dress but it wasn’t because I had to wear white shoes. And I never wore a hat. But a lot of other people did/do. There are always women with big hats on Easter – I was just never one of them. I always had a new Easter dress when I was little, but that’s about it.
Your turn!!!
What are your Easter traditions, if you have any?
Is it ok to have a bday party when you are an adult??
I agree with adult birthdays always being worth celebrating in the friends over for dinner way. I used to always decorate eggs with my grandma the night before Easter when we celebrated at her house. (after 30 years old for me) A dozen eggs, dye and a bottle of wine. Sweet memories coloring eggs and getting a little tipsy with Grandma!
ReplyDelete