31 August 2012
Fill in the Blanks Friday
I love filling in the blanks! If you want to fill in some blanks, visit Lauren over at the little things we do and link up!
1. Over this Labor Day weekend I will be waiting for Maple Baby to show up, walking with friends, going to church, hitting up Sunday brunch, and cooking Honduran enchiladas with my former bus friend (she's still my friend, she just doesn't ride the commuter bus anymore...). Sounds like a good weekend to me!
2. With the political debates going on right now, my current thoughts are not concerned with them. I have pretty strong political leanings and I already know which candidate I'm going to vote for so I don't really pay attention to the debates. I like to read the results of the debates and the synapses of both convention speeches, etc., but I don't actually watch them. I don't watch any TV to be honest. And I don't particularly trust what politicians say when they are running for office - you never know what they truly believe until they are voted in.
3. Today is my last day in the office. I am actually sad. It is so weird to think that I won't be back here until December. I will definitely miss my work friends and the interactions and the fun times we have. Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to spending time with my newborn and all that, but it will definitely feel weird when I leave today. Crazy! I am still working from home next week, but that is a much different scenario - no 4:45am alarm clock, no 1.5 hour bus ride to work, no 2 hour bus ride home, no 12 hour days, etc. Did I mention it feels weird????
4. The best thing I've cooked recently was crepes? I haven't really cooked too many fantastic items during my pregnancy because I haven't been too hungry or too motivated. I have started cooking crepes for hubs in the morning though and they turn out pretty tasty. I made fried rice last night but it didn't turn out so tasty. I can't think of anything amazing that I've cooked recently...maybe after baby comes? Probably not!
5. The last thing I bought was baby-related, I'm sure. Probably a diaper. Oh wait, I know. The last thing I bought was a subscription to The Honest Company Household Essentials Bundle. The Honest Company makes diapers and organic, chemical-free household products (like detergent, hand soap, sunscreen, bug spray, surface cleaner, shampoo, etc.) and I have been wanted to subscribe to their service for a while. I got the free sample in the mail and I love the stuff. We won't use the diapers, but I am happy to have found a good company that makes safe household products.
6. The best movie I saw this summer was nothing. I didn't see a single movie all summer. The last movie I saw was Hunger Games (which was awesome), but it wasn't during the summer. I love the movies but we just haven't had time to go. Or money. I doubt we'll have much time after Maple Baby comes either.
7. The best book I read this summer was nothing. Yikes! I didn't watch movies and I didn't read - what did I do???? I read some baby books but I sure wouldn't list them as "best books" or anything. I am currently reading Jasmine Nights by Julia Gregson, which is good, but I 'm not even half-way done. And now that school has started I'm not sure how much reading I'll get in. We'll see.
******************************
What good movies or books have you seen/read this summer?
What are your Labor Day plans?? BBQ? Last pool visit? Beach?
What is your favorite dish to cook?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!