13 August 2012

My failed Pinterest recipe...

Before I get started, I would like to say that I think I'm getting hot flashes.  Is this a result of pregnancy?  I NEVER get hot, especially in my office.  However, a few times today I've started getting really hot and even a bit sweaty.

But I cooled down and now feel normal.

Not sure if the heating/air conditioning is playing a trick on me or if my body is finally starting to heat up a bit with this pregnancy.

Just thought I'd mention that.

This weekend I decided I would make some soup that I could freeze and easily bring to the birthing center to eat while laboring.  Remember, since it's a birthing center there is no cafeteria.  Or even someone who cooks.  There is a kitchen, but you have to do your own cooking.

Since Ivan doesn't cook much I figure I better have some stuff prepared so that I don't starve.  There is a grocery store kinda close by and across a busy street there is McDonalds and Subway.  So we aren't completely in a food wasteland.

But, anyway, I figured this Gnocci, Sausage, and Spinach Soup that I found on Pinterest looked so yummy and was filled with carbs, fat, and veggies.  What a great thing to make.  Here is my versions (next to the real version):

Source: Picture on right is from Reeni at Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened.  I'm still really curious as to how Reeni (from Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice) got hers to look so much tastier than mine.  And redish colored.  Hers looks like tomato cream and mine looks like alfredo.  I skipped the roasted red pepper but that was it.  Is the pepper what gave it such a richer color?  Did I pour in too much cream?  Hmm, not sure.  The soup isn't bad, it's pretty tasty actually, but I think it would taste better if it looked liker hers.

It's a mystery!

And since I have nothing else to talk about, here are some more pics of my lunch:

Lovely fruit

According the the Bradley Method nutrition guidelines, I'm suppose to eat a citrus fruit at least once a day.  So, every day I try to have an orange or grapefruit.  It's suppose to build strong membranes (so my water doesn't burst prematurely).  I've eaten so much citrus my baby will probably come out in it's bag of water!  And who can resist $1.99 lb cherries?  YUM!

Tricking myself into thinking I'm not drinking water...
In an attempt to drink more water, I decided to buy these sparkling waters with "essence" of fruit.  This one is raspberry and the other one I got was lemon/lime.  Hmm, "essence" doesn't actually mean a ton of flavor.  It's ok, but I sure would like something that tasted a bit more like Orangina, but without sugar or too many calories, of course...since the midwives told me to avoid drinking too much juice.  I think my body's too smart though - it doesn't really crave these drinks like it does Pepsi or real orange juice.  I guess it's better than water though.  And since my pee was the color of my bridesmaids' dresses, I better get on the drinking bandwagon!

Oh, and another tidbit of info.  Check out my new work shoes:

I am a fashion queen!
Yup, I have resorted to wearing tennis shoes every day to work.  I lost my work shoes last week (can't remember if I told you that or not) and had to wear flip flops and tennis shoes.  Then I found my work shoes and wore them but they were so tight I decided to wear tennis shoes instead.  And I haven't turned back.  Everyone in my office thinks I just got back from a walk and everyone in the street thinks that I changed out of my high-style pumps into tennis shoes (at least that what I pretend they think, since I don't actually know).

My feet are so much happier.

****************************************

What did you have for lunch today?

Have you ever made a recipe that you found on Pinterest?

What do your work shoes look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!