Yesterday I did something I haven't done in weeks. I went for a run!!! I was supposed to do a track workout with my friend but she texted me in the morning saying she wasn't feeling well. Normally I would have just been lazy and hopped in the shower and started working but since I already had all my running clothes on I decided to just go. Plus it was supposed to be over 90 degrees out so I figured a morning run was a good idea. And it was. It felt really awesome getting out there again. My favorite thing about running in the heat and humidity is the scent of honeysuckle. It seems even more potent than usual when it's extra hot and humid. It reminds me of the summer I trained for the Marine Corps Marathon in memory of my Uncle - there was a lot of honeysuckle on my route and I loved breathing the scent in.
I did about four miles and when I got back I could feel my hamstring pain again. You would think that after three weeks of no running my hamstring would get back in order. Nope. So I did some glute-strengthening exercises (I read that weak gluteus can lead to hamstring problems) that I saw on Runner's World and then I did half-pigeon pose to stretch out my glutes, hips, and hamstrings. They were still sore all day but feel better this morning. I also sat on a nice pack. I hope all this helps. I brought my running stuff with me today but I am uncertain whether I will venture out at lunch since it's supposed to be 97 degrees today. I will be a ball of sweat and then will have to change into my work clothes again. Not sure if I'm that brave.
After work I picked Evan up and my sister mentioned that they were going to head to the pool...so we decided to join them.
My mom and Evan had a blast in the pool in Atlanta so I figured he would love it. The minute he saw the pool he kept saying "Mimi agua" which I interpreted to mean that since he saw a pool he thought Mimi would be there, since Mimi was at the last pool. Nope, no Mimi. He had a blast walking around, playing with toys, and being swung around by Daddy. I actually ended up playing with my nieces the entire time - throwing fish in the water and then making them find them. They loved it, but sometimes other kids found them and picked them up which made it a bit challenging.
My mom and Evan had a blast in the pool in Atlanta so I figured he would love it. The minute he saw the pool he kept saying "Mimi agua" which I interpreted to mean that since he saw a pool he thought Mimi would be there, since Mimi was at the last pool. Nope, no Mimi. He had a blast walking around, playing with toys, and being swung around by Daddy. I actually ended up playing with my nieces the entire time - throwing fish in the water and then making them find them. They loved it, but sometimes other kids found them and picked them up which made it a bit challenging.
After the pool Evan took a bath and then headed straight to bed. He hadn't napped all day and was exhausted. Ivan went to bed too, so it was just me awake for the rest of the night. I made eggs with cabbage for dinner the second night in a row. No wonder we go through 24 eggs in a week - that's all we eat.
And now it's another day!
***********************************
Have you made it to the pool yet?
Eggs -yes or no?
What was your workout for the day?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!