13 June 2014

Let's Get Random

Don't be too shocked, but it is Thursday evening and I am riding the bus home and have an urge to post.  I'm not sure why because it was a busy day and I am tired, but when an urge to post hits...I don't ignore it.  No, wait, that's not true.  I often ignore the urge to post because I am too busy and can't find the time.  But I have no excuse because I am on the bus and there is never a lot to do.  And my bus friend isn't riding (although he gave me a ride this morning so that contributed to me not getting my nap in and being tired) so I am not talking to anyone.  Don't get too excited though because I don't have much of value to post about.  So, here are a bunch of random thoughts.

1) My necklace broke.  Yup, that beautiful necklace from yesterday fell apart.  I wonder if it was a sign that I was being too greedy.  I felt like I should have only bought one or two things from my Stitch Fix box but I just really loved four of the things and thought that settling on three was a good compromise.  Not when one of those things breaks within the first eight hours of wearing it.  How tragic.  And it wasn't cheap.  I was quite perturbed, with myself for buying it and with the company for selling something that would break so easily.  My coworker happens to be a jewelry fixing expert so she said she can put it back together, so I am hopeful.  I did write a comment to StitchFix too, but I had to complain last time when my shirt shrunk in the wash so they probably think there is something wrong with me.  I think in my note for my next fix I am going to say not to give me clothes that I have to hand-wash or dry-clean and to only give me toddler-proof accessories...because although Evan didn't touch the necklace, I apparently can't handle grown-up jewelry either.

2) I got waxed today in preparation for the summer pool and I forgot how amazing it feels (sorry if any boys read this, but I kind of doubt they do).  Because even though it's a tad painful during the process...it is fabulous afterwards.  Waxing is amazing.  Don't worry, I am not going to show a photo of this.  That would be weird.

3) On my way back from the waxing joint I passed the Popped Republic gourmet popcorn truck.  


Umm, yummy.  On Tuesday I passed the Ben and Jerry's Core Tour truck and snagged a cup of their new salted caramel ice cream for free (it's delicious, if you were wondering).  The popcorn truck wasn't free and I was determined to stay strong and go back to the office and eat my lunch.  So I did.  However, my veggie soup didn't look that appetizing anymore.  And I couldn't get my work done because I kept thinking of pop corn.  Yummy chocolate caramel popcorn.  After a while I got up and made some hot tea thinking that would do the trick.  



Obviously not because I have this delightful photo.  Along with the photo of the bag above.  I felt like it was my responsibility to get this popcorn in the name of productivity.  I couldn't afford to have a unproductive afternoon, could I?

It was quite tasty.  And I probably still have some stuck in the teeth.  I will admit that I might have eaten one handful too many and my tummy is sugared out now.  I left the rest at work in case the craving comes next week.

4) The World Cup starts today and my husband is over the moon.  I was in Honduras two world cups ago ( I can't believe it was that long ago) and it was awesome being there for that.  It was such a unifier.  I could go anywhere and the game would be one and I'd be welcome to watch.  It's not as fun here, but it's still fun.  And the husband is beyond excited.  Honduras plays on Father's Day and I sure hope they win!

5) I am tired and have no idea what I am cooking for dinner tonight.  We already had our lazy dinner of eggs and beans so not sure what else to have.  I made chicken soup last night but it's possible the husband ate all of it.  Pasta?  Stir fry?  No clue.

Alright.  That is all the fabulousness that I am going to leave you with today.  Enjoy your weekend and Happy Father's Day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!