Pouring!!! Evan was enjoying the little spray that came in the screen. And how do you like my flowers? I hope I don't kill them - I am not so great with growing things.
After the rain, the sun came out and it was perfect weather so Evan and I went for a run. I ran 3 miles and then we stopped at a playground for an hour and then I ran the 1.5 miles home. It felt great and Evan had a blast at the playground. We went to our favorite tot-lot again - it's nice and small, Evan can use all the equipment without me following him around, and no one is ever there. Win-win.
Saturday started with golf again. Like usual. It was a bit chilly out in the morning, but we survived. Luckily I borrowed my husband's pants so I wasn't too cold. I also took the car and had grand plans of heading to the grocery store and the mall before going home...but that failed. Around 11:30am I looked up from golf and there was Ivan jogging up the golf course with Evan in the stroller. Yup, he couldn't handle being stuck at the house with no transportation so he ran the 4+ miles up to the golf course. So - no grocery store or mall by myself.
Instead, Evan and I headed to the nearby Wine in the Woods. The woman I coach golf with happened to have two complimentary tickets and it was hard to say no to a free afternoon event. So, we headed out there for a "relaxing" afternoon. I had been years ago when I was in the my early 20s and remember it being a fun, relaxing time. I think I am just getting old. I saw waaaaaaaay too many bellies (even when I was "youthful" I didn't find belly shirts attractive) and thongs and heard lots of language that I'd prefer to avoid. And people were just plain rude and drunk (obviously!). People would stay at the tasting table trying every wine there. We'd be like third in line and it would still take 20 minutes to get a taste because the people in front of us would stand there forever tasting every wine they could before moving on. So annoying. And yes, I took Evan (pretty inappropriate to take a toddler to a wine festival but it was outside and I wasn't planning on drinking much - and Ivan was golfing so I had no choice), so it was a full-time job making sure he didn't get trampled on by festival goers. Once we finally had our fill of wine (5 sips for me), we put a blanket down and bought some yummy Greek food and relaxed a bit. It was much nicer this way - we sat on a blanket and ate while Evan played around.
| Here he is, enjoying the festival! |
Then I went grocery shopping - with Evan. This time I only spent $130 so I felt like that was a bargain. I still don't want to up my budget above $100 but I think I am going to have to. I'm not sure I can make $100 work anymore. It's been months since I've been able to keep it that low.
Sunday was a super fun day. I headed out for a six mile run/walk with some TNT girls. They are on the plan of walking up hills, running the rest. It was a very relaxing way to go and it was really fun catching up with them. Evan was an angel and didn't make any protest peeps for being in the stroller for so long. I love starting my days out with a good run.
Then we headed to the mall to exchange my shoes. Ivan bought me new TOMS for Mother's Day but he bought the exact same pair I had (because he said he at least knew I liked those ones).
![]() |
| My old pair - they now have a hole in the toe. |
![]() |
| Multi TOMS Love Canvas Women's Classics |
![]() |
| Mixed Woven Women's Ballet Flats |
Sunday night I headed to my sister's to babysit while she worked and her husband went to a meeting. I love babysitting those crazy girls and we had a blast. We played at the playground, made Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup and Chili (I usually do my cooking on Sunday and thought it would be fun to have the girls help me out), ate dinner, and watched some TV. It was a fun evening.
Then Evan got sick.
So, we spent Monday (yesterday) at home recovering. He took a 5 hour nap!!! And then was a lot better.
That's my recap!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!