13 May 2014

A Hot Run and Other Random Thoughts

The warm weather is finally here!  I am not sure what I am going to do about running during the day because usually once it gets hot I don't run at work anymore.  However, it is so difficult to run at home that I just don't want to give up my lunchtime runs.  So, for now I will just sweat and be smelly at the office.  Yesterday I did 4.5 miles in the humidity.  It was only about 83 degrees out but the humidity has returned so it kinda felt like running in a light sweater.  I do need to remember to bring a water bottle because I was kinda thirsty.


You can't really tell how sweaty I was in this picture but sweat was literally pouring out of my pores.  I cooled down after awhile and was able to put my work clothes back on.  At least I got my run in.  Tomorrow is an off day and then I have track on Wednesday again.  

It was a good thing I went for a run because my coworker brought in these delicious Italian Lace Cookies.


They were extra yum.  I made myself wait until lunchtime to eat them, even though she brought them at 10am.  I was really tempted to sprint to the kitchen the second I got the email, but I showed a smidgen of restraint and waited.  Then I ate one while my lunch was cooking and I ate the other one as an afternoon snack.  I forced myself to wait until 3pm.  It was hard, but I succeeded.  Who knew cookies could have such power!  

Not too much else to share today.  My bus broke down so now I am on the local which takes a gizillion hours longer than the express (realistically it takes about 50 minutes longer).  Bummer.  Hate when that happens.  Maybe I can sleep for longer.  I am really looking forward to the day I don't have to commute to DC.  I will most likely be commuting to Baltimore for school, but that is shorter and less crowded.  It will be awesome.  I hope.  At this moment I feel like anything is better than my current commute!

And what would a post be without a picture of Evan??


Evan is obsessed with the fridge.  He likes to point to things and act like he's going to eat them, but he's not.  His new thing is to sit and play with the bottles.  Obviously I don't let him play in the fridge because it is a huge waste of energy but sometimes he sneaks in there when I am unloading groceries or getting food out for dinner.  At least he can't open the fridge by himself yet...at least for now.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday!!




2 comments:

  1. Hot weather definitely puts a damper on my running. Especially here in Phoenix in the summer....ugh! I'm currently running on my treadmill and doing Les Mills Pump on DVD. Loving it so far. My weight isn't going down yet....bummer. Glad to have found your blog! :) Jess

    sweatismysanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know how people in Phoenix run in the summer. Do people do it? Is it like here in the winter where I am miserable but still manage to make it out in 5 degree temps? Or do people stay indoors? The treadmill can be so boring, but I have found that if I watch scary shows (like Law and Order SVU or Criminal Minds) I am so scared that I forget about running. I have a few workout DVDs and would love to do them but I'm afraid that the guy below me would think elephants had moved in and complain! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Your comments make me smile!!