05 May 2014

Back to Work, Kinda

** I wrote this post last Tuesday but never got a chance to put it on the blog - so I'm taking you back in time so you can read it!**

Yesterday I headed back to work after a nice, long staycation.  I wrote a blog post on the bus but fell asleep while writing it and then it was deleted.  And I was jammed pack at work so I didn't have a single second to rewrite it.  So here I am, Tuesday, and hubs and I are at the doctor's so I thought I would try again.  Today is the day hubs gets his cataract surgery.  He is super nervous.  He had a serious eye injury about 15 years ago in Honduras and so now his eye is filled with scar tissue [update: eye surgery went very well - nothing to worry about at all!!].  So,  I came back from vacation for one day and now I'm off again.  Except I have a ton of work to do still, so I will try and put a few more hours in tonight.  I also have to make a wedding cake for my coworker.  I started a few days ago making chocolate candies to use as decoration.


I also made some with chocolate that are white and brown.  Today I'll make a few more with yellow and white.  And I'll bake the cake today and make the frosting maybe.  Then tomorrow I can decorate it.  It's not going to be too amazing because I have to take it on the bus and I am not taking a three-tiered cake on a bus.  I'll try my best though.  I bought mini Adironack chairs to put on the top (they are having their honeymoon in Hawaii), but they turned out to be less mini than I prefer...so I guess the cake will be mostly chairs! [Update: the cake turned out great - I'll show you pics in another blog post!]

So, are you wondering what we did while on vacation?  We didn't actually go anywhere, we just stayed home.  My sister was on vacation and daycare was closed, so I stayed home and played with Evan (well, the first week I worked from home and brought him to another daycare).  We had a good time.  Vacation started with a fun Easter weekend.  I went to see my nun-friend and we spent Good Friday and Easter Sunday together.  It was so nice seeing her.  Evan and I also dyed Easter eggs.


Ok, so maybe I did all the dying and Evan tried to stick his hands in all the cups.  Of course.  I started with 8 eggs but the hubs ate one before I had a chance to tell him that they were for Easter.


I also used brown eggs instead of white.  We always buy certified humane eggs and they are always brown...so brown eggs we had.  Evan didn't really care much. 

On Easter Sunday we went to church and Panera with my nun-friend and then Evan came home and took a nap.  While he was napping I hid the eggs and his Easter basket and when he woke up we had an Easter egg hunt.  Evan actually loved looking for eggs.  He totally got into it and understood what was going on.  It was so fun! 
 
He saw this Easter egg right away and it was so funny.  At first he couldn't figure out why there was something blue in his shoe!




Then when he saw this on by the TV he started catching on and understood that he was supposed to be looking for them and that there were many more.


Our neighbor gave him an Easter basket so we used it for him to collect eggs.  He liked throwing them in the basket, which resulted in cracked eggs (the hardboiled ones) and opened eggs (the plastic ones). 


 When the first egg split open, he realized there was candy inside (his blue eggs just had yogurt bites in them - the candy was for MEEEE!).  So, he then got distracted and started eating all the yogurt bites instead of looking for more eggs.


He finally located all of them though - and he only broke three or four.

I then hid his official Easter basket and he had to go find that.  That had his presents in it, rather than just candy.  I hid it in our closet and he eventually found it with some prodding.



This was his little basket from the Easter bunny, which contained some gifts from us and then some from my mom.  He had a nice little basket full of stuff!

We got him some bath letters - he was really excited about these and so was I.  I'd actually had them for over a month but was waiting until Easter rolled around before I gave them to him.  His favorite thing to do is dump them out!


He was really excited about his baskets!


We also bought him the Jesus Storybook Bible.  It is a bit too old for him now, but I think he'll love it when he's a little older.  The pictures are beautiful and the stories are fun and engaging.


I got him this car that I thought would be fun for him to play with, but really he just gets frustrated that that green ball thing doesn't come out.  He is always trying to pull it out and asking for help, but it doesn't come out at all.  So, it's not really his favorite toy.


My mom got him a puzzle and a few coloring books.  He loves to scribble in the books and is getting pretty good at putting the puzzles together. 


I think he had a pretty exciting Easter!  


By the end of the day he was completely worn out!  

I know this is probably the latest Easter recap out there, but I still wanted to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!