Ok, so I didn't actually dance in the rain. Or even come close to it. But it did rain, a lot, on Saturday. That was just what came to me when I was writing the title, so I went with it.
This weekend was jam-packed! I know I say that every weekend, but this one was extra busy. Maybe because I signed up to make my co-workers baby shower cake. I don't know why I did that. I have NO TIME to bake and decorate cakes these days. I just haven't done a cake in years (since my other co-workers shower cake) so I wanted to do one for the shower. Not the smartest idea though because it was a bit hard to squeeze in...and I still haven't decorated it. I made all the frosting though. And dyed it. And I don't have a present for her yet. Boo. I will soon though.
On Satuday I feel compelled to mention that my golf girls were so well-behaved. I was so impressed. Both classes were hitting really well and paying attention. It was great. It made the class so much more fun to coach. Ivan had a golf tournement in the morning too. He'd been looking forward to it for months. I think he had a good time, even though he was hoping to win and didn't. Thursday night golf league is finally over!! I am so relieved. It wasn't that I minded Ivan golfing, it was that we had no one to watch Evan. It was so hard to find someone and eventually Melissa started watching him but she watched him all day too so I felt badly asking her to do it again at night. So, we are now done that chapter of our life, until next year.
We were going to head to the aquarium or zoo Saturday afternoon but ended up running errands instead. We had a bday party in the evening and we needed a present and Ivan wanted to buy a new phone. And then, while at the mall I bought new glasses and picked up my contacts. It rained all afternoon too so not the best weather to drive into the city in. Maybe another weekend.
Sunday was beautiful and I took Dolce and Evan for a long walk. It was perfect. I've been going running with my sister in the mornings on Sundays and have really missed my walks (although I love running too). Being pregnant really helped me enjoy the simplicity and relaxation of a good walk.
Is that not the prettiest thing ever? The mist was rising off the lake as the day was heating up. The temperature was perfect. Evan and I hung out on the benches taking in the beautiful site.
![]() |
| This is my Instagram photo - follow me at mapleandmud |
It was a lot of fun. I love walks with my baby and doggie. We had to make sure Evan was warm so we finally found socks to put on him. And you can't tell from this photo, but I put his outfit on backwards. Whoops! It had snaps and usually the snaps go down the front...but then when I got home Ivan said it was on backwards and when I looked...sure enough, the tag was in the front.
And notice his snack container hanging off the belt (that belt is really to make sure the car seat doesn't fall out when you have the adapter in, but I think it works well to attach things too), he was munching on snacks and sharing with Dolce the entire time.
The rest of Sunday was a blur of cake baking, frosting making (I accidentally flavored the frosting with almond extract instead of vanilla extract...), dinner making, lunch-for-Ivan-for-the-week making, a bit of Chemistry studying, laundry doing, brunching, grocery shopping, and a small attempt to stop time (which didn't work). And I must mentioned that our dryer squeaks so much when we dry clothes it's almost deafening. Something must be done before I dry any more clothes. Oh, and on Friday the heat shield fell off our car. At the gas station. We drove around with an extremely loud rattling for a while until my husband just took the heat shield off. Hopefully our car doesn't blow up.
******************************
What was your weekend like?
What did you have for dinner last night?
Do you make cakes or buy them?



I baked this weekend too! I only have motivation to make anything fun during the fall and winter.
ReplyDeleteI looooove your pictures of the pretty lake.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm a power walk kind of girl too.
I am a cake baker - do you happen to remember that my mom was so good she used to sell them? I am working up to her abilities. I need more practice.
I love reading your blog! :-)