30 September 2013

Family Fun Weekend

We finally did something different this weekend and it involved leaving the house.  Where did we go?  Does this give you a clue?


We went to the zoo!  We had been talking about going to the aquarium, since we became members, but it was supposed to be a nice weekend and the aquarium is all indoors.  So we decided to venture to the zoo instead. 

I had to pose sideways so you could see Evan...
I don't normally pose sideways for photos.


I still had golf in the morning so we didn't head out until the afternoon, but it was perfect.  The weather in the morning had been cool and cloudy so the zoo wasn't too crowded.  However, by the time we got there the sun was out and it was perfect weather.

I carried Evan in the Mai Tei the entire time and he loved it.  For some reason we are not stroller people when we go out.  I always take the stroller when we head out for a walk, but if we are going somewhere like the football game or shopping we just always carry him or put him in the baby carrier.  I'm not sure why.  But the baby carrier was the way to go here because it was easy for him to get close without having to maneuver the stroller between people.

He really loved brushing the goats.


They were so cute.  Ivan's favorite part was the farm exhibit, of course.  We ended up with a lot of pictures like this.


And this,


We saw a bunch of giraffes but since we were there so late we couldn't feed them.  They were still fun to,look at.  Ivan also really liked the penguins.  I'm not sure why but we stood and looked at them for along time.


They were eating, so it was fun to watch them scarf down fish.  At the end we had somehow missed the crocodile (Ivan's favorite animal) so we had to rush back to the chimp exhibit and fine the one lone crocodile in a tank.  We made it and on our way out we snapped a photo together (a rarity).


We had so much fun.  Ivan wants to go back next week, but at almost $18 a person to get in, I don't think we'll be going every week.

Sunday was a normal day, except I subbed for another First Tee coach so I had to work again.  Melissa and I went for a 4.5 mile run in the morning.  It felt nice because it was such a beautiful morning.  I then took at trip to the grocery store where I was able to keep our bill to close to $100.  Then I went to Costco and spent $60, so there goes that budget.  It was important that we buy 30 rolls of toilet paper, 900 baby wipes, and 32 cans of coke....

And the Ravens lost.  Boo.

But I made chicken soup and Evan has a new tooth.

**************************
What did you do this weekend?

What's your favorite zoo animal?
 - Mine is the gorilla and chimps.  I love to watch them because they are so human like.  I also like the elephants.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!