24 September 2013

Late nights and cold mornings

This post is going to be nice and brief because I need as much sleep on this bus as possible.  Let's just say that this is what the monkey cake looked like at 9:30pm last night.


And I forgot about the white part and had to make an extra batch of frosting.  So I didn't finish until 12:30am.  Well, I guess I finished the cake before then, but by the time I cleaned up and got lunches ready and brushed my teeth it was 12:30am.  And then back up at 4:30am for work.  And to make things worse, I have class tonight until 10:20, so no early bedtime around here.  But here's the finished cake:


It's not my most amazing cake ever and it's not the cake I wanted to make, but I think it turned out ok.  Especially since I was tired and in a bit of a rush.  Ivan made me promise to not volunteer to make a cake again and I wholeheartedly agreed.  Cake making was much easier when I was single...it's not as easy when I have a kid and no free time.

For Becca's gifts (the cake is for her baby shower at work) I made (designed) her a onesie that says "50% Guatemalan + 50% American = 100% Me" except instead of Guatemalan and American it has a picture if the Guatemalan flag and the US flag.  It's not here yet (I created it in Zazzle), but I can't wait to give it to her.  I also bought her some coconut oil (best item in the world, it works as baby lotion, diaper cream, and nipple cream all in one...and does a spectacular job of all three) and Goodnight Vermont.  I love baby showers!  I would have bought more but money is really tight right now.

And the last thing I'm gonna mention is that it's that weird time of year where it's cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon.  Today it was 45* outside when I left for the bus so I grabbed a heavier jacket, but then when I leave work it's super nice out and I look ridiculous with a heavy coat.  Annoying.

Ok, that's all folks.  Time for a nap!

***************************

What's your ideal bedtime?

What annoys you the most about the changing seasons?
  - I love the changing seasons but the above annoys me a little (jacket thing), but the worst thing about spring and fall? STINK BUGS!!  I am so tired of waging a stink war in my house.  I am completely over the stink bugs, it makes it very difficult to open windows and enjoy the nice weather when swarms of stink bugs enter my house.


2 comments:

  1. I love that cake.... I'm just wondering how your great cakes looks if this isn't one of your Best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly incredible Kattrina. Believe me - when I was a young working mother -- I never managed to bake spectacular cakes, go to school and commute. Big pat on the back! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!