Maybe you’ve noticed that I haven’t been around for a week or so. Well, I finally had a good excuse. Maple Baby arrived! Yeah, I know that a lot of bloggers kept on blogging through labor and then were back at the blogging scene the day after, but I am not like that. It took me a whole week to get back on the blogging bandwagon.
Either way, here’s a picture of Maple Baby:
I think he’s pretty adorable. He was born last Thursday, 6 Sept. and we are slowing adjusting to having a new baby. The first few nights were sleepless but we just love holding him and smothering him in kisses. He pretty much sleeps, eats, and poops all day and eats and poops all night!
At times I still can’t believe that I’m a Mommy and that I have a little baby that came from me. I will write a separate post on the actual birth, but let’s just say it wasn’t a pain-free experience! I will say that the post-partum aspect of pregnancy has been way worse than the actual pregnancy and delivery. The main problem is that I seem to have developed some kind of rash that has spread over my entire body (sparing only my face so far) and it itches like nothing else in my life. It is really making me miserable as I scratch my arms and legs until they bleed. And half the time I don’t even realize I’m doing it. No one is exactly sure what it is – either PUPPPs gone wild or some kind of hives. So, now I have some steroid cream to put on it and am taking Benadryl. The last thing a new mom needs is the extra exhaustion that Benadryl provides!
Ok, I will write a more substantial post later on, but I wanted to announce little Maple Baby’s arrive!
Aww! He's adorable! Congrats! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you! We are happy too - tired but happy!
DeleteHe shares the same birthday as my Olivia! I kind of had a feeling that you were going to go that week, but I wouldn't have guessed on her birthday. :) Congratulations on baby and I can't wait to here more.
ReplyDeleteHow funny that she was born on Olivia's birthday! That's so awesome, since Olivia is such an awesome little girl. Happy late birthday to her!
DeleteEee, Kattrina, for some reason I thought you'd stopped blogging but not only do you have a new blog but a baby too! Congratulations! I better catch up :)
ReplyDelete