It's time for another Spot of Happiness! I haven't posted too much this week because I was at conference all week and then when I got home I was trying to deal with mice. And I was also getting to bed really late and getting up early and was a gumpus.
It happens. Even I get grumpy!
But, even with a grumpy week, I can still find a few spots of happiness to share with you!
* Getting the opportunity to attend the XIX International AIDS Conference in DC. I've worked in HIV for a long time and it was a great experience being surrounded by such inspiring researchers, advocates, and policy makers. It was also motivating to hear the new advances and see how far we've come in the 30+ years since HIV/AIDS was discovered. Although some stories still cause tears and we still have so far to go, we have made a decent amount of progress.
![]() |
| Part of the AIDS Quilt |
* Also tied to the conference, I got to see some friends that I've met through the years. We usually only run into each other at HIV conferences, since we work all over the country, so it was fun to reunite and catch up. I love seeing friends from far away!
![]() |
* My parents' are visiting! This weekend is my family-organized baby shower (woo-hoo, I'm soooooooooo excited) so my mom and dad arrived yesterday and my older sister is flying in tonight. I love when they come to visit (although I would love it more if my apartment weren't infested with mice and I could show them my new place without tip-toeing around corners). Hubs is actually spending the afternoon with my dad (he loves my parents), which is a nice change since he usually sits home by himself after he gets off work. I love when my parents visit!!!
![]() |
| My lovely parents! |
* Catching a mouse in our mouse trap. Ok - so that's not really a great spot, but it's true. I was so happy to be down at least one mouse. Hopefully not too many more to go! The exterminators are coming on Monday so I will be thrilled to see them.
* I can't help but be happy that it's Friday. I know it's always Friday when I write this post, but today I am especially grateful because it's been a long and exhausting week.
* Baby movements! This Maple Baby is so freaking active. It's crazy. My stomach moves all day long - he is constantly pushing on my belly and stretching and moving all over the place. Funny guy! It's fun to watch my belly change shape and hubs loves to feel him move around in there. It really feels like there is an alien in my tummy sometimes!
What spots of happiness do you have this week?
Have you even had a mouse problem?




No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!