12 July 2012

Baby Bumps and Hiccups!

I'm a little behind on the bump shots.  I was doing so well, but it seems that I got a little lost.  Oh well, I'm not sure that everyone is overly interested in seeing my weekly bump shots.  I am currently 31 weeks, but I don't have photos from that yet (I have some photos from Vegas but I haven't loaded them up on my computer yet).  So, instead you can see weeks 29 and 30.

That's good enough, right?

Another lovely bathroom shot!

and

I apparently wear the same jeans every Friday to work!

I feel like I got a lot bigger between week 29 and 30.  It's hard to tell from the photos because the angle and shirt I'm wearing always makes a huge difference.  But I definitely felt bigger.

My little bellybutton still hasn't popped.  I'm wondering if it will.  I'm kind of liking it staying in (which probably means it'll pop tomorrow).  I still have a ways to go though, so who knows what will happen.

Here are some of my goods and bads of pregnancy:

Goods!
* Still sleeping fine.
* No strange cravings or huge hunger attacks.
* No heartburn or other uncomfortable digestion problems.
* Strangers are so nice to me and feel free to just chat with me all the time.  And smile at me.  I think pregnant women make people happy.
* Back still doesn't hurt too much, just after a long walk.
* Baby is kicking up a STORM.  I sometimes think he is trying to get out through my stomach.  He pushes so hard sometimes it's unbelievable!
* Baby hiccups - he has the hiccups all the time and it feels so WEIRD!  It's like an eye-twitch, you can feel it but can't do anything to stop it.  My belly kind of vibrates from inside and it is such a weird sensation.  So funny!

Bads!
* A bit emotional sometimes - I am hoping this doesn't mean I'm going to suffer from postpartum depression.  I get sad super easily and for no reason.  I'm thinking it's hormones and the stress of moving and work and all the other fun things I've been trying to deal with - like adopting a doggie (I hope he's not crying/barking all day long while hubs and I are at work).
* Not hungry very often.  It's nice that I'm not starving, but I'm often not hungry so it's a chore to get in all my Bradley Method foods.  I wish I were a tad bit hungrier so I felt inspired to cook.
* I miss sleeping on my back and stomach.  Although I've been able to get to sleep just fine (except for these last couple of days trying to adjust from Vegas time to DC time), I would be much more comfortable on my belly.  Or snuggled up with hubs.  It's hard to snuggle with a huge basketball between us!
* Trying to organize maternity leave and juggle my current work load with preparing to be gone for three months.  Ugg, not fun at all. 

I think that's about it.  Honestly I don't have too much to complain about yet.  I'm still waiting - people say week 34 starts the downhill trek.  The baby gets a bit crowded in the belly and starts kicking ribs and stuff.  We'll see! 

I am nervous about having a breech baby, but hopefully he'll turn (if he hasn't already).  I'm also worried about going into labor early.  But I guess these are all natural worries - nothing too out of the ordinary.

And although I said I wasn't hungry, a coworker brought in supplies to make microwaved s'mores and I grabbed two for myself.  How could you say no to this lovely creation!!!

Seriously yummy!


What are you craving right now?

Have you ever tried microwaved s'mores?

What are the goods and bads of your past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!