And now for another version of Spots of Happiness - and after yesterday's day, a focus on happiness is definitely needed!
Here are a few of the spots I've had this week:
* Getting to see my bus friend after almost two weeks! With her daughter in town visiting and me going to Vegas, we went a long period of time without catching up, it was nice to reunite.
* Work implementing "health of staff" policies that include flexible work day (being able to come to work earlier/later and leave earlier/later), compressed time (working 9 hour days and getting every other Friday off or ten hour days and getting every Friday off), and telecommuting (being able to work from home one to two days a week). I had initiated the discussion on the possiblities of these work schedules over a year ago and I'm super happy that they were finally passed by the Board of Directors! And perfect timing since some of these may come in handy after Maple Baby comes.
* My hubby deciding to skip his golf league so that he could go to my pre-natal appointment with me. He has yet to miss an appointment and is even going to the cloth diapering class with me tonight.
* Hubs taking me out for ice cream at Cold Stone last night! Yum! I don't always like ice cream but yesterday it was particularly good. He said I looked too serious. It was probably the fact that I'm so irresponsible that I was driving around with an expired car registration...
* Having lunch with an long-time friend.
* My aunt sending me a bunch of adorable onesies! They are so cute!
![]() |
| Thanks Aunt Pam!!! |
* Getting Dolce half-way groomed yesterday - his other half will have to wait until next week. He was at the groomer's from 10am - 5pm and was only half-way done. A dog can only take so much grooming! He's going back next week to get finished up and then he'll be so clean and beautiful. Not that we don't love him stinky and dirty...
* Finding out that Maple Baby is head-down and will most likely stay that way! Phew - I was nervous about having a breached babycakes, but hopefully his head will stay put. He pushes so hard on my belly sometimes I think he wants to come out my belly-button. Not so fast Maple Baby - you still have many more weeks to cook in there!
* Finally going over my maternity leave plan with my boss and getting everything approved. Now I just have to meet with the people taking over my project and figure out how I'm gonna go to Chicago with a three month old!
So, I guess I had lots of spots this week. It feels so nice to focus on the good things, especially since the bad things can bog a person down!
What spots of happiness have you had this week???


No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!