I have made some serious progress. I’m not sure how long it will last but I will enjoy it while it does. What is the progress???
IVAN IS WASHING THE DISHES!!!!
Yes, you read that right. For two days Ivan and I have had a new schedule. I come home from work, run, cook dinner and then Ivan washes the dishes while I watch TV. Yup, I have now watched NCIS two days in a row. And it’s been great.
Ok, so I had actually seen both episodes already but I sure wasn’t going to tell him that – I kept watching while he kept washing. I even got to change the channel while we were eating dinner. This is big people, really big.
Our deal? As long as we are done eating and he has time to wash the dishes before his favorite novela comes on at 9pm I am golden. I am totally enjoying my new found TV time and reconnecting with the bean bag.
It’s been lovely.
I wanted to document this with a photo but I thought that that would draw too much attention to his dish washing…so I didn’t. Maybe one day. As for today, I am turning into a couch potato and loving it. I did not even mention the egg still left on the frying pan. There will no critiquing his dish washing skills – a little dried egg never hurt anyone!
Nice! Bryan just started washing dishes and doing other chores, too. I finally made us a chore schedule and we (mostly) stick to it!
ReplyDelete