Ok, so maybe "wars" is a bit too harsh. Hubs and I are not actually at war, not even close. However, I'd like to say that before hubs I had NEVER met anyone who didn't love garlic. I'm not talking about eating a garlic clove like an apple or anything - I'm talking about garlic bread or pasta sauce with garlic in it.
Hubs will not have anything to do with it. He took a bite of garlic bread and almost threw up. Is that strange to anyone else? I almost didn't believe that he didn't like it, it was so incomprehensible to me. I thought that if the garlic was hidden he might not realize that he hated it and eat it with gusto. Not a chance.
My sister made a delicious chicken parmesan a few nights ago - and I'm talkin' yummy yummy. Hubs ate it and didn't say too much. However, when we pulled it out the next night to eat again he politely declined. He said, "I think that might have that stuff I don't like in it, garlic I think." I couldn't believe that he noticed and that he STILL didn't like it. How can a person not like garlic? I just don't get it. He even rinsed the chicken to get all the garlic off before eating it. Strange I must say - especially to my Italian roots.
Of course he thinks it's odd that I don't smoother my chicken, rice, and eggs in ketchup. Or that I don't eat the marrow out of chicken bones. And he thinks it's REALLY strange that I don't heat my milk up before pouring it over my cereal - no one eats cold cornflakes in Honduras. So, I guess we both think the other person has strange eating habits.
But still - who doesn't like garlic bread?????


Jose my bf doesn't like cilantro! which is wierd for me since he's from Mexico.. oh and he eats chile serrano with his pancakes... boys and their wierd tastebuds ;)
ReplyDeleteok. obviously he hasn't had piccolo angolo's garlic bread (in nyc). like, melt in your mouth!!
ReplyDeleteI just talked to a girl who went to South Africa for a semester, and she said that they think it's weird that we put peanut butter and chocolate together! It's too bad she didn't have some Reese's cups to change their minds, because, man!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of someone not liking garlic, though. How strange! And difficult, because it's in so much!
hey kattrina- thanks for stopping by. i actually got an email from rhianne saying that someone else was my photoswap partner... perhaps i was misinformed? how did she let you know?
ReplyDeleteI am with you Kattrina -- no garlic???? It;s funny how our taste buds differ. My hubs and I barely like anything the same -- or should I say, I love EVERYTHING and he likes things simple and plain. We meet over chicken tikka masala (thankfully). Good luck in your cooking adventures together. : )
ReplyDelete