21 July 2010

The best running partner ever


Yesterday I was so happy.  It was super hot outside, humid, and just plain gross.  However, I knew I had to get a run in if I ever want to get my running back on track.

I had been planning on upping my miles from a measly two miles to a less measly three miles (no offense if you only run two miles - I think it's totally awesome...it's just that last year I was running ten miles so it's a bit humbling to only be able to run a small percentage of that).  However, on my HOT bus ride home - due to the fact that the air conditioning was broken and the windows don't open - I wimped out and decided I'd only do two.

Then I got home and mentioned to hubs that I was going to head out for a run.  I {jokingly} asked if he wanted to go.  I ask him this a lot but he's never understood the idea of running and after going once in February he decided he hated it.  But this time he said YES.  At first I didn't believe it, but he really was going to go.

I WAS THRILLED!!!  I so enjoy having a running partner more than running alone, especially hubs.  So, as we headed out in the intense heat, I decided that I felt strong enough to do the three miles.  Maybe that wasn't the nicest thing to do to hubs since he's only run once in his life, but he never asked how far we were going....  Well, we both made it without too many problems.  It was a bit tiring in the oppresive heat and I can't imagine how hubs felt, but we both did it without stopping. 

I have this feeling that if hubs keeps on running in a few days he'll leave me in the dust.  He just seems to be good at every sport - whether he's ever played the sport before or not.

However, I'd be so happy if he started to like running that I wouldn't care if he beat me.  If he's running, I'm happy.

Now I just have to see whether he'll go with me the next time...

2 comments:

  1. Aww sounds like fun! Speaking of RUNNING, you were chosen to be my next featured runner! Email me me at chlooeee@gmail.com to get you set up for next week. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your feature on Chloe's blog...looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!