This weekend was kind of a blur. I just spent about 4 minutes trying to think of what I did this weekend. My parents drove through down on their way home and pretty much their visit is dominating my memory. I'm sure something else happened over the weekend, but I just remember hanging out with them.
They arrived on Saturday and we met them at the Italian restaurant I used to work out when I was a kid. It's delicious but it was a crazy dinner because we met my sister's family there too. So, picture a nice Italian restaurant with four adults (my parents, my BIL, and me - my sister was working and my hubs was at the Ravens game) and a 5 years old, 3 year old, almost 2 year old, and a 1 year old. It went surprisingly well! No cups were spilled, no food was flung across the restaurant, and only one child cried the entire time. Success.
Before my parents arrived on Saturday I went to the grocery store and coached golf. I amazingly spent less than $100 at the grocery store!!! Except on Friday we went to Costco and spent $145...so I'm not sure if that's really a success. On Friday we also went to the playground and for a four mile run. Normal stuff.
On Sunday I woke up and Evan and I ran to my sister's house. We were promised pancakes for breakfast but then when we arrived (five miles later), they had changed their minds and there were no pancakes. :-) We had oatmeal instead. It was kind of chilly out and I wore capris instead of shorts.
Ok, so it was a bad choice because it was like 65 degrees so 2 minutes into my run I was really hot. I even put Evan in pants and long sleeves.
I'm not sure why I was thinking it was so cold! It ended up being a beautiful day. Notice how Evan insisted on bringing his golf club and a ball to my sister's. He actually held on to both of those the entire stroller ride. We went up to the golf course to watch my nieces in their golf classes and Evan played golf in the grass the entire hour. He really does love his golf.
He also loves his Mimi and Papa. He work up Sunday morning and the first thing he said was "Mas (more) Mimi Papa". Yup, before he even opened is eyes. And my dad bought him a new John Deere tractor for his birthday and he happily played with that all day too. He loves his tractors.
We just hung out all day chatting, playing Jewelry Store (my mom got stuck playing that with the girls), cooking, and eating. Good times.
I brought my camera to take pics of Evan with his grandparents but then I snapped those two pictures above and the camera battery died. Nice.
Have a great Monday!!! It's my last week of work - I'm gonna soak it all up!
**************************
Favorite food to eat for breakfast?
Grocery shopping: love or hate?
-- I LOVE grocery shopping. If I had a plethora of money it'd become my hobby!
I made grocery shopping my hobby when Kara went to public school kindergarten. I got into coupons and had a blast! So, I totally get it. :-)
ReplyDeleteI remember that! I don't do coupons, but I love strolling the aisles and looking at all the different food products. So fun!
Delete