* It's supposed to snow again tomorrow. I am kind of over the snow a little. Yes, it looks pretty and all but it can be a pain. It's hard to run with the snow and ice and every time I walk the dog or take Evan out in the stroller I have to dry the dog and the stroller off because they track in so much mud. Yeah, I know we have plans to one day move to Vermont and they get snow until April, but maybe it will seem different.
* Evan is starting to get a cold or something and I really hate when he's sick. He is so sad looking and his little coughs shake his entire body. Plus he doesn't sleep well and just looks miserable. I am hoping it's just a cold and not the flu or pneumonia or any of the other sicknesses that went through the daycare last week.
* I still haven't heard from the Peace Corps about my Description of Service. I have a feeling they are never going to find it. I really, really hope that that doesn't affect the possibility of getting a Peace Corps scholarship if I get into Hopkins. It probably will, but it would be nice if it didn't. I guess I will be happy that it is just that form that I'm missing and not something vital to my application like a transcript or something.
* Yesterday was my sister's 30th birthday and I felt bad because I think she was disappointed. Her hisband had a meeting and had to leave at 6:30. I made her a cake and came over and we ate and opened the few presents from me, but I think she was sad that it wasn't super special. That there wasn't a bigger fanfare for leaving her 20s. I guess since we are all going to Disney to run and that was the "big" thing she wanted to do...it made her actual bday less special. Hopefully our Disney trip will be fun and make up for it.
* We had a really great book for book club called Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt. I loved it. It was sad and really tugged at your heart strings but was worth the read. Plus, two of the characters had AIDS and it took place at the beginning of the AIDS epidemic in the late 1980s...so I found that really fascinating. I recommend reading it. I am excited to discuss it.
* I haven't done the dishes in two nights. They are just sitting in the sink. I was so tired last night that I didn't have the energy to wash them up after coming back from my sister's. Plus, I ate a few meatballs and 1.5 pieces of really sweet strawberry cake for dinner so was probably in a sugar coma. Ivan said he's wash them this afternoon, but with a sick boy he might not get a chance to...and they'll be waiting for me when I get home.
* I am really sad to hear that Shirley Temple Black passed away. I loved The Little Princess - that was one of my favorite movies as a child. My sister and I watched it ALL the time.
* I am really sad to hear that Shirley Temple Black passed away. I loved The Little Princess - that was one of my favorite movies as a child. My sister and I watched it ALL the time.
Ok, I think those are the random thoughts I have for now. Evan was up a lot last night so my brain isn't working too well.
What random thoughts are floating through your head?
What was the last good book you read???
I loved Shirley Temple growing up! My aunt used to record her movies and send them to me!
ReplyDeleteI hope Evan feels better soon - there's nothing worse than a sick kiddo:(