10 February 2014

Busy Busy and Jogging Stroller Run Breakdown

This weekend just flew by!  I guess that is what happens when there are so many things planned that you have no free time. It was a good thing though.  I think it actually started on Friday because it was a super busy workday and I didn't get a chance to relax until late in the day.  Busy work days are good sometimes and stressful other times, I am not sure which kind of day this was.  I finished the work that was due though, so that is always an accomplishment.

Saturday started with a long run.  Yup, after two weeks of no movement, I decided that I would try to do 8 miles with the jogging stroller.  Hubs had to work so I ran two miles to the TNT meeting spot and got there just as they were finishing their warm-up.  It turns out they were doing a 3 mile loop or an 8 mile loop...so I decided to do the 8 mile loop.  I was a bit nervous because I wasn't sure whether Evan would last in the stroller that long, but figured I'd try.

He lasted until mile 8.5 (that's including the two miles it took me to run to the meeting spot).  Then he started crying like crazy.  I still had two miles left, so I wasn't sure what to do.  It was really cold out and he was toasty in his Bundle Me Arctic (fyi - I did NOT pay $100 for this!), but if I had to carry him he didn't't have warm enough clothes.  In the end I carried him because he was screaming so much, but I felt badly because his mitten fell off (figures, how impossible is it to keep two of the same mittens on kids) and his feet were cold because he just had his pjs on (he had a winter coat on, just not winter pants and boots).

Frozen pond we ran by - see - it was literally freezing out!

We managed to walk the two miles back to the start and then one of the coaches drove me home (he has a little daughter and had a car seat).  We then took a hot shower together to warm up!  And I drank an entire glass of hot chocolate with whole milk (since we don't have any other kind in our house these days).

And then I couldn't walk.  Probably a bad idea to run so far with the stroller.  There were some hills too.  One hill was so big I had to walk up and even that was incredible strenuous with the 45 pound stroller. My legs feel better today though.

We then ran (hobbled) a few errands and Evan and I went grocery shopping and then we had dinner at my bus friend's house.  She made the most delicious pork roast and mashed potatoes.  So good!  I ate so fast I didn't take a picture.  Then we chatted while Evan played with his toys (that we brought over) and tried to climb upstairs. 

Sunday we got up early for no reason so I made beans and eggs and Moroccan-style lentil soup.  We ate the eggs/beans for breakfast and saved the soup for later.  In the afternoon I headed to my golf friend's house to make a cake for my sister.  I ended up making  Southern-style Strawberry Cake with cream cheese frosting.  I can't wait to eat it!  It worked out so well because I hadn't visited with my golf friend for a while and baking a cake was an easy thing to do while catching up.  Plus we got to eat lots of cream cheese frosting - delicious!

Then it was home, Skype with Mimi, and bedtime for the kiddo.  

After all those weekend activities, I only snapped one photo:


Dad and son napping during the day on Sunday.  Pretty adorable, huh!  I would like to mention that this happens with me a lot but no one ever snaps a photo.  Evan is totally in love with cuddling - it is the best thing ever.  One of these days I'll write a post about our experience with co-sleeping.  I pretty much love every minute of it - especially when Evan and I hold hands as we fall asleep.  Or he rolls over and puts his arm around my neck.  Melts. My. Heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!