And now that I said that, I have nothing else to say. Haha. Oh, I snapped this picture on my way to the meeting yesterday.
The US Capital. For some reason I find this building sitting on top of Capital Hill to be so beautiful. I don't normally get to the mall area unless I am running and when I am running I am not enjoying sights. So it's been fun walking around the mall these last few days. Today is the lighting of the White House Christmas tree, something I've never seen either. Maybe next week I'll take a walk down and see it.
Here's another picture from this morning. You can't tell as much but it was actually dark when I got off the bus. That's how early it was.
And you can see the flag at half-mast for the passing of Nelson Mandela. I was so sad when I heard -what an amazing man he was. Truly an inspiration. When I heard the news, my first thought was that I had to make sure I taught Evan about him and how he changed the life of so many people.
And now let's do some Fill in the Blanks, reminiscent of Fridays past. The theme will be currents.
I am currently reading The Good Soldiers by David Finkel and Ellis Island by Kate Kerrigan. I've already read Ellis Island but I was re-reading it for family book club. The Good Soldiers is a true account of soldier life during the surge of Iraq. It's written by a reporter and is a bit depressing, but I'm finding it interesting.
I am currently watching Parenthood and NCIS. I had been watching Friday Night Lights, but I don't really like that series too much so I haven't watched it for a while.
I currently subscribe to Runner's World, Cooking Light, Vegetarian Times, Parents, and Kiwi. My mom bought me Kiwi and I love it. I also love Runner's World. If you couldn't tell, I love magazines!
I currently feel exhausted. Getting up at 4am and not getting home from work until 7:30pm just wears me out! I am really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.
Ok, I'm falling asleep on the bus!
Happy Friday!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make me smile!!