22 October 2010

It's Five Question Friday!

I actually love doing these little question things, so I figured why not keep doing them?  So I am.  I also did Fill in the Blank Friday on my other blog, 365 Days of Happiness, if you are just dying to find out more about me...:-)

If you'd like to participate in Five Question Friday, link up with Mama M. over at My Little Life - her blog is so fun to read, I just know you'll love it too.


  1.  Who is the better cook, you or your spouse?Well, considering my spouse cannot cook a SINGLE thing, I would have to go with me.  He is absolutely helpless in the kitchen.  No, I mean helpless.  He can barely warm things up in the microwave.  I have to have things made in the fridge for him because he can't put two ingredients together.  Part of the problem is he is completely unfamiliar with American food so putting a sandwich together is foreign to him (and he doesn't like sandwiches anyway).  For lunch he's used to full-on meals like chicken and rice, ect.  I love cooking though, so I don't mind.  I find it completely relaxing and fun to try out new recipes and spend all evening in the kitchen cooking (on a Saturday - during the week I'm happy my sister does the cooking).
  2. How often do you talk to your mom?
    My mom moved far away to Vermont, so I don't get to talk to her too often.  We probably only have really long chats about once a month.  I call her randomly when I'm at the grocery store and can't remember the ingredients to a recipe, or if I've screwed a recipe up and don't know what to do, etc., but that doesn't really count because we aren't truly talking.  So, I guess once a month - which doesn't seem like much at all.  But I love my mommy to pieces and miss her every day.
  3. Are you adventurous in the kitchen or stick to the recipe?
    I don't like being adventurous but sometimes I have to be.  A lot of times I start cooking a recipe and don't have an ingredient and so have to make it up.  Or I skip a step and have to figure out how to fix it.  Sometimes I whip things up on the fly, but it's nothing adventurous...it's like cooking a chicken breast with rosemary and garlic without a recipe - not too scary.  So, I guess I'm not very adventurous.  But I'm adventurous with recipes and ingredients - if that counts.
  4. Is your second toe longer than your big toe?
    Funniest question EVER!!!  My sister and her husband argue about this all the time - his second toe is bigger and he INSISTS that that's the norm.  However, both my sister and I have big toes that are the longest and the next toe the next longest, etc.  We think that's normal.  I really think that it's rarer to have a second toe that is long, but who knows.  My brother-in-law insists it's rare to have your big toe as your longest.  It's an endless debate - trust me!
  5. Do you dress up for Halloween?
    No, I don't.  I don't really do the Halloween party thing and we rarely even hand out candy because we head over to my sister's in-laws to celebrate with all the little nieces and nephews.  So, there is no dressing up on my part.  It's a good thing too because I'm kinda a modest girl and the Halloween costumes for women are pretty scandelous in my opinion.  I can't just be a nurse or a pirate - I have to be a sexy nurse or a sexy pirate.  Kinda crazy in my opinion.

That was fun!
I am so happy it's almost the weeked!

Happy Friday!!!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love the toe question. My 2nd toe is just a smidge shorter than my big toe. And that to me is normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I;m your newest follower! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    take a peek at my giveaways if you stop by. I only feature gorgeous, handmade stuff:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!