13 May 2010

A Review of My Wedding: The Cake Topper


So, I thought rather than put a bunch of photos on my blog and make people sort through 400 photos, I'd break them up and feature a few photos and then the story behind them.  Obviously you won't see EVERY photo of my wedding, but most likely you aren't my mom (one of the few people interested in all 484 photos) and so just a few photos will suffice. 

So, my first set of photos is of my cake topper.

I LOVED my cake topper.  It was one of my favorite things that I did for my wedding.  I'll admit, it cost an arm and a leg but I don't regret for one second spending more money on my cake topper than my shoes. 

My co-worker is the person who inspired me to look beyond regular cake toppers.  She had a giraffe and squirl as her topper.  So, I searched etsy.com and found Sophia's Workshop.  She made customized clay cake toppers.

And she did an AMAZING JOB.  All I did was send her photos of me and the hubs.  Then I sent her a photos of the bus that we met on and said I wanted it incorporated on the topper.  Oh, and I wanted a Peace Corps flag in my hand. 

This is what she came up with:


Isn't it so wonderful!  I love it.

We turned out so cute.  Doesn't it look just like us???





4 comments:

  1. aw, its amazing! i had no idea you could get so creative with cake toppers! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAn I tell you that that cake topper is absolutely the best I have ever seen?? Little mini-me's. Love the flag, the bus and the adoring expressions on the cute little faces. I'd say that topper was worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this page through your happiness blog!

    and I must say, Oh my goodness! That cake topper is absolutely ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!