* Our car is finally fixed and passed the state inspection. Yes!! It cost an arm and a leg, but it's done. I really hope that it lasts for a few years and that we didn't just put thousands of dollars into a car that is going to break again in five months. My husband is happy because he was really scared for a while that it was going to be broken forever and that we would never find an exhaust manifold. Surprisingly everything went well and we have a car still. Good stuff. Our mechanic is AWESOME!
* All we eat these days are eggs and beans for dinner. I make a big pot of beans on Sunday and then we refry them and eat them all week with hotdogs and eggs. The hotdogs are probably a bad choice but they are humane certified and the only ingredient is beef, no filler. So I imagine them like a hotdog-shaped hamburger. Right? For some reason our grocery bill hasn't changed though and I can't figure out why. I am going to really have to look at what we are buying and see how many things are just wants instead of needs. I don't feel like we buy a lot of wants though, so we'll see.
* I finished my first round of exams. They were ok. Nothing to call home about but good enough to keep my scholarship. It is really hard trying to find time to study. And there are so many things to do, my planner is overflowing.
Yesterday I studied for four hours in the afternoon but all I did were a few homework assignments and a paper. I didn't even get that much time to do any real studying. Very frustrating. I try to stay at school to get extra studying done and that works but there is always more to do. Here is the view from the library...my second home.
* Evan and I went on a hike on Saturday and had such a fun time.
He got to pick the trail we walked on and the entire time he picked up rocks so he'd be ready to throw them into the river when we got there. I told him a million times we couldn't go IN the river, but he still asked over and over again.
I did let him throw rocks though and before we left I let him wash his dirty hand off...although not before he stuck his sandy hand into his mouth.
Then we raced back to the car. If we don't race then he meanders for so long we'd never make it back and our car would be locked in the parking lot. He also found a hiking stick and carried that around on the hike back to the car.
He loves them. This weekend I changed his clothes and got out all his winter stuff and pack away his shorts. I left a few short sleeve shirts out and two shorts but that's about it. The highs are in the 70s this week but the lows are in the 30s so it is cold.
* I made a really yummy cinnamon-swirl banana bread. We had a bunch of extra bananas and so I figured banana bread was in order. It is pretty tasty! It was my latest Pinterst find. I can't figure out how to put links in these blogs posts that I do on my iPad so you will just have to do all the work yourself. My Pinterst page is www.pinterest.com/mapleandmud, so feel free to visit and find the recipe!
Ok, that's about all! Thanks for sticking around, even when my posts are so sporadic!







I'm going back to menu planning and writing out a strict grocery list again. There's a chance I'll not be working in a few months and we have to get into the habit of being frugal again. Which I know is smart, but it feels like such a punishment.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how big Evan is already!! He'll always be a little guy in a tiny stroller for me. :)