18 September 2014

Nursing School Update!

Ok, so maybe this blog will turn into a once a week thing!  Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are super packed and busy and I scheduled study time on the bus those days so there is absolutely no time to blog.  There is barley time to breathe.  Sometimes I go the entire day and never have a chance to grab my lunch to eat.  It's stressful.  I guess that's what school is supposed to be though, right?  Classes are interesting and fun but they are less fun because everything is focused on skills evaluations so then the fun stuff becomes stressful.  So far I have learned how to prepare a sterile field, take blood pressure, take vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature), give a patient a sponge bath, change bed linens, brush teeth, and move a patient from the bed to a stretcher.  Seems simple ng ought but not when you are being graded and evaluated and it's pass/fail.  Any tiny error makes you fail.  Not fun.  I have been going to open lab to practice almost every day this week and I still mess tiny steps up or touch my sterile gloves to my unsterile wrist by accident.  Next week I have skills evaluation in two classes, an Physio-pharm exam, a research exam, a paper due, and a med calc quiz.  It's gonna be crazy!!

In the mean time I have been trying to spend as much non-studying time with the family.  Parks, playgrounds, sticking acorns down the manholes, kicking the soccer ball, hitting golf balls, etc.  the normal stuff.  And football games, since football season started.  

In the meantime Ivan's been teaching Evan how to finish his soup.

Slurping it down.  He actually drank every last bit...except for the chicken.  He always picks out the chicken pieces but eats the carrots.

Evan had his two year appointment last week.  He's still a little munchkin weighing in at 22 pounds and standing 33 inches tall.  He seemed pretty healthy otherwise, minus his lack of vegetable consumption.  So I am now trying to incorporate some extra veggies in things like tomato sauce.  Or spinach in grilled cheese sandwiches.  Or spinach in smoothies, which is what I made him today.  It was a spinach, banana, strawberry, peach, mango, milk, flaxseed smoothie.  He ate one over the weekend, so hopefully he'll eat another one this morning.  We'll see!  Sometimes what he eats with me is not what he eats with my sister, and vice versa.  How do you get your kiddos to eat veggies??  Please share!

Other than that news I don't have too much to report.   I miss blogging more consistently and I I miss having more time!  Hopefully things will smooth over soon and I'll be able to breath.

Funniest thing you've done this week?  Share so I can live vicariously through you!
 - Going for a run/playground outing on Sunday.

Last thing you had to study for?
 - Med calc quiz that I ended up failing.  It was pass/fail and I I got one wrong.  Wanna know why?  Because the answer was 0.25 and we had to round to the nearest tenth space and I accidentally left it like that instead of rounding to 0.3.  Ugg, so frustrating!!  Now I have to take it again next week.  Please send some prayers my way!!

1 comment:

  1. I've missed your posts! I figured it was because you were crazy busy.
    As for eating veggies - Kara prefers them raw and with a dip. She loves hummus and sometimes she likes ranch dip. My mom makes all veggies look cool and Kara will eat raw spinach, raw green beans, and raw carrots till the cows come home if she has something fun to dip them in. Everything else I just hide, like you! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!