My run yesterday was the hottest run I've experienced yet. It was SO HUMID I thought my clothes were going to melt on my body. It really felt like I was running in a wool sweater and pants. Completely gross. I was so sweaty when I got back that I was talking with a co-worker and drops of sweat were falling off my chin. Nice, huh. Don't worry, I didn't snap a photo so you are safe from seeing that disgustingness. My usual mantra while I'm running is "Slow and steady wins the race" and "I can do hard things". The slow and steady one has been a real winner this week because twice I've had to "battle" it out with a guy who wants to run faster than me. I'll pass him going my normal speed, then he'll speed up to pass me but then slow back down, so then I pass him again, then he speeds up, etc. It really aggravates me because I feel so awkward the entire time. However, both times now as I've slowly trudged along at my normal pace, I have eventually passed guys (on separate occasions) as they take a walking break and then never see them again. And each time I think - see, slow and steady DOES win the race!
That was a long tangent - my point was that yesterday it was so hot I couldn't even manage to get my mantra out. The entire run I kept repeating to myself, "It is SO HOT" over and over. That was the only thought I could muster. Surprisingly, it was still a good run and although I was hot, I felt strong. I'm not sure why - must be that special Monday feeling after running with the BOB all weekend.
Then when I went to wait for the bus after work it started pouring (like torrential down pour, wind, lightening, and thunder) and by the time I got to the bus stop I was completely soaked. Completely. I had to wring my shirt out. I figure someone wanted me to have a shower so decided that the best time was on the way to the bus. And if I had had some soap - I totally would have been able to shower. Then I had to sit on the bus for 1.5 hours in my wet clothes. And when I put my shoes on this morning, they were still wet. It was a crazy day!
When I got home, this lovely package was waiting for me.
My first nursing school book! I got it early so I could start studying. We have an exam the third week of school and if we don't get 100% we have to take it again. And you only have three tries to get 100% or you fail the class. Yikes! I decided I should start studying as soon as possible so that I get 100% on the first test and don't have to worry about it. That's my hope anyway.
And for dinner I had some of that lasagna I made yesterday.
It really doesn't look that appetizing, but it's actually quite tasty. I love the basil taste and the squash is really excellent! It was a lot of work so I probably won't make a vegan lasagna again, but I'd definitely make a spaghetti squash pesto lasagna again - with real cheese!
And that was pretty much my day. I leave for LA on Thursday for my last work trip and I can't wait for it to be over. This is my big event of the year and it takes so long to organize and I'm so stressed that things won't go well or I will have forgotten to do something. I will be so happy when the entire experience is over and I can just relax. And I will barely have time to see LA because the work days are so long. Boo. I have never been to LA before so I'm excited to go.
I am less excited about taking Evan on a 5 hour plane ride by myself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the plane isn't full and we have at least one seat open next to us - otherwise it's SUPER crowded.
And my aunt is coming to watch Evan and I'm super excited to see her again. I haven't seen her since she came to Birmingham, AL to watch Evan last April!
********************
Any fun ideas to keep toddlers occupied for five hours straight?
Do you prefer running in hot or cold weather (or do you just prefer to not run!)?


Are you going to LA in California or Louisiana? Because I'm trying to plan a trip to Louisiana but am having a tough time figuring out where I want to stay that's near the French Quarter/Bourbon Street/fun stuff and not have to walk a ton at night but also not spend a ton! :)
ReplyDeleteAs much as I hate the humidity right now, I much prefer hot weather running v. cold. I am such a baby when it comes to the cold - plus, it takes SO much extra time (at least for me) to get all bundled up!
ReplyDelete