28 January 2014

Random Thoughts

I don't have anything in particular to tell you, so I'm just going to give you a bunch of random thoughts that are floating through my head today.

~ It is freezing yet again. This is getting to be old news, but I think this is the coldest winter I remember in Maryland.  My toes are frozen from waiting for the bus.  And my cheeks.  I brought running clothes to go running at lunch but I think it's only going to be like 12 degrees out so I don't know if I brought warm enough clothes.  We'll have to see if I can make it.

Evan in the backpack waiting to go out and walk the dog in
in the freezing cold.
~ I have reached that age when exhaustion isn't flattering.  I remember when I was in college and I'd stay up all night studying and the next day I would look fine.  Maybe a little glassy-eyed, but that was about it.  Ha, not true anymore!  Now I get deep, dark circles under my eyes and they (my eyes) look like they've sicken into a deep crevice.  And I look old.  Yesterday I only got a few hours of sleep and when I went to the bathroom at work I looked at myself in the mirror and was appalled.  I looked so old!!  My eyes were sunk so deep into my skull I could barely see them.  Not a flattering look at all. I must get more sleep.  I didn't do too well last night so we'll start tonight maybe.  I'm not sure why I can't get to bed before 11pm.  I remember back in the day when I would try to be in bed by 9:30pm.  How was that even possible!!

This picture has nothing to do with anything except that
the other day I found a bunch of my kitchen utensils in the
garbage and I can only blame this munchkin.

~ I need a new TV series to watch on TV that is on Amazon Prime.  I tried watching Alias but it was really hard to follow.  I couldn't keep up with all the plot twists and turns.  I may try it again later, but I had to take a break.  So. Now I am watching Quantum Leap.  I loved that show as a kid and it's fun to watch.  There are only two seasons though, so it won't last too long.  Did you watch that show as a kid?

~ I am going to Houston tomorrow for a work trip.  My sister is driving over from Dallas to watch Evan while I present at and attend a conference.  I am excited she is coming.  I am excited about the conference too.  It is looking to be a very forward thinking conference and like it.  They have free childcare!  And they have "Scent Free" sections so people who are sensitive to scents (like smelly perfume, cigarette smoke, etc.) can sit in peace.  I can't sit there because my deodorant and shampoo are scented, but I really like the idea.

~ I am having so many problems getting my nursing school applications in.  Just when I think everything is golden, something new comes up.  Hopkins wanted my Description of Service (a document that I wrote that states everything I did in my two years in Peace Corps) and now Peace Corps says that they can't find it.  What???  How can that be missing?  Grrr.  Not sure what that means exactly, but Hopkins has a really great Returned Peace Corps Volunteer program and offers scholarships and now I am afraid I won't be eligible.  Boo.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they find the document buried under my maiden name or something.

Ok, enough random thoughts for today.  My eyes won't stay open.  The black bus abyss is dragging me under.

3 comments:

  1. FYI, all I see in your 'appalling' picture is beautiful skin, perfect teeth, and lovely, warm brown eyes! You're a pretty lady, Kattrina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I DID watch Quantum Leap as a kid. But, it made me anxious - I would be terrified it would happen to me and I'd have to know whatever that person knew when I landed in their body. lol! I have issues. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also trying to find stuff from my first run through college to give to run #2 and it's like, what do you mean you can't find my transcript? I'm holding a paper copy in my hand so I know that it exists. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!