14 November 2013

Everyone is sick, apartment update, and apples

This must be the start of the winter sickness season because everyone I know is sick.  I was trying my best to hold out but now I have a bit of a sore throat.  I am hoping it's just from the dry air though, and not from an actual virus.

We finally got an appointment with a real estate agent about a new rental.  Geez, it was like we were asking for a million dollars or something, no one would contact us at all.  I had called two real estate places  and both had taken my name and said they would have a rental specialist call me back.  Nothing.  I had answered an ad on Craigslist and the guy said we could look at it last Monday but then he never got back to us with the time and we haven't heard from him since.  And I responded to a few different places on Zillow and no one has contacted me back.  We were getting a little desperate.  So finally we just decided to go to an agency and take our luck that someone was there to help us.  We made sure we looked as professional as possible and headed to Re/Max.  I chose them because I had already called Long and Foster and they hadn't returned my calls, but I hadn't called Re/Max yet.  It wasn't that easy because we got there and waited for a while and no one was around that could help us.  The receptionist took our name and tried to contact a few different agents but no one was in the office at that moment.  Finally,a nice guy came out and said he'd help is.  I have a feeling he wasn't planning on working that day because he was in jeans and kept apologizing about his attire, but we were thankful to have someone to help us.  He was super nice and didn't act like we were wasting his time because we were just renting.  So, we narrowed it down to four places that were in our price range and said case-by-case basis for dogs.  We are hopefully going on Sunday to look at a few of those locations and then maybe our options will look a little brighter.  That is if he calls us back with a definite time for Sunday....

Every night it's a toss up if Evan wants to eat or not.  Sometimes he gobbles food down like no tomorrow and other nights he eats two bites and then wants out of his chair.  I know that 15 minutes is about all a kid his age can sit still for, but sometimes it's like ten seconds.  However, he is really into apples these days so that keeps him occupied for a long time.  He loves to roll the apple around on his tray and get it into the hole where his cup goes (future golfer???).



Then he'll pick it up and take a few nibbles off of it.  But he doesn't like the skin so then he spits the skin out.


It's funny to watch.  Last nights menu was Israeli couscous with spinach - which is usually one of his favorite meals - but he just wasn't interested.  I had made him a banana and blueberry smoothie with almond butter for a snack so he had eaten a lot of that instead.  I guess he filled up on it.  Or he was bored being in his high chair.  I'm sure one day he'll be eating me out of house and home, but for now I am always excited when he eats a little something!

I skipped by run on Tuesday because I got stuck in a very long meeting.  I brought my stuff today but I have a meeting in the morning and another one in the afternoon so it makes it a bit hard to squeeze in a run.  We'll see what happens. 

1 comment:

  1. Jonas is just the same when it comes to eating, and he hates trying new things.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!