14 November 2011

Plenty to Be Thankful For: Guilty Pleasures

 

THANKful

So, if you read my other blog, 365 Days of Happiness, you will know that I joined Meghan at The Perfect Compilation Tape for her Plenty to Be Thankful For Challenge!

Yay!

Today’s topic – the first one – is Guilty Pleasures!!  I’m not sure I have a lot of guilty pleasures though, so this might be difficult for me.  But here’s my attempt:

** A glass of wine after a long day of work.

DSCN0803

In this particular attempt to open a wine bottle the wine opener broke.  In the cork.  It was a nightmare.  Ivan tried to get the cork out but to no avail.  I was so desperate for a glass of wine that I drove to the grocery store and bought a (better) wine opener.

Ivan somehow managed to get the cork out of there in one piece.

I was impressed.  And happy to finally have a glass of wine.  Surprisingly enough I hardly ever have a glass of wine.  It’s one of those things I like but I always feel I need to get up to early the next day or stay up late and since wine makes me sleepy I decide against it.

 

** Coffee!!!

hondu coffee

I love coffee!  I am actually trying to decrease my caffeine consumption so I have switched to de-caf for the most part, but I still love coffee.  I try my best to get Honduran coffee when I can. When I visit Honduras I definitely stock up as much as possible.  I don’t currently have any Honduran coffee in the house but every once in a while I see it at the store and pick up a bag.  I think that switching to de-caf has increased my coffee consumption because I’m not worried about becoming hyped up on caffeine.  Yesterday I had 5 cups of de-caf!!  Whoops!  I can’t help it – a nice mug of coffee with some half and half and a splash of sugar makes me feel cozy inside!

 

** New running clothes

DSCN0853

I have nicer running clothes than work clothes.  It’s a fact.  I spend $50 on a new pair of running capris but won’t spend half that on a new pair of work pants.  What can I say – I LOVE running gear.  It’s definitely a guilty pleasure!

 

** Reading

DSCN0833

I love a good book.  I can’t help it.  My husband does NOT understand my affinity for reading.  He always asks if I get bored reading book after book after book.  How could I get bored????  Never gonna happen.  I should post on the last few books I’ve read – they’ve been winners.  I love cozying up with a good book and cup of coffee on a rainy day.  Pure bliss.

 

** NCIS

ncis

I don’t get to watch much TV but when I do I pretty much only watch NCIS.  Good thing it’s on almost every night, at least four times.  LOVE IT.

What are some of your guilty pleasures???

1 comment:

  1. I totally should have added new running clothes myself !!! Great list !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!