20 April 2011

A Second Honeymoon

Last week and this week have been like a second honeymoon for hubsters and me. 

Why?

Well, because my sister, her husband, and her two girls have been on vacation in Cabo. 

What does that mean??

It means that hubsters and I have had the house to ourselves!!!  For two whole weeks!!!

Yup, when you live in a house with four adults, a two year old, and a 5 month old - a house of just us is pretty exciting.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely miss my sister and her family and I can't wait to grab my little nieces and shower them with kisses, but there are a lot of good perks about having the house to ourselves (I am in a list making mood).

  1. Having the house to ourselves is something super special so it actually feels like we're on our honeymoon.  Minus the fact that we both have to go to work - that would put a damper on any honeymoon.
  2. We can cook lots of red meat that my sister and her family doesn't like - just in the past 1.5 weeks we've had pork roast, pork ribs, flank steak, hamburger meat, and sirloin steak.  Yum.  Of course I have to cook it all so that takes a lot of time, so it reminds me to be very thankful that my sister does a lot of the cooking when she's here.
  3. Hubs and I can go to the gym, go for a run, go out to eat, or stay home and no one cares!  Sometimes I feel guilty going out night after night and not spending more time at home.  However, if it's just us then no one misses us.
  4. Hubs and I get to sleep in my sister's bed.  I know, I know, many of you may find this gross but I made sure to wash the sheets and will wash them again before they get back.  My sister has a KING size bed with a fabulous mattress and a oh-so-comfy pillow top.  It's fabulous.  Plus, they have a TV in their room and although I'm adamently against going to sleep with the TV on (or even having one in my bedroom), it's such a luxury for two weeks.
  5. Lots of hot bubble baths.  My sister has a big garden tub in her bathroom and I have been getting my fill of bubble baths.  While Ivan watches TV, I hop in the tub with some yummy smelling bubbles and my book and read for hours (or until the water gets cold).  I have been really loving it!
  6. When there are less people in the house the dogster is less crazy.  That is a huge relief.  He doesn't bark as much, there's not as much for him to eat, he is calmer not vying for our attention, and he is pretty well-behaved.  It's kinda nice.  Minus the fact that he misses my sister and so keeps sneaking upstairs and sleeping on her bed (I guess he likes her bed as much as Ivan and I do!).
Ok - I'll stop the list there.  I sure don't want my sister to think we don't ever want her to come back.  I love living with my sister and have enjoyed every moment of the last FOUR years (wow - it's been that long???).  It's just nice to have our own time sometimes.  However, I totally miss this little munchkin and can't wait for them to get home!!!  Our honeymoon can't last forever, right!


Oh so cute Bean!!  I miss you!!
  
I miss you too, P!  Can't wait to read more Dora!


1 comment:

Your comments make me smile!!