![]() |
| View of Honduras from the plane |
![]() |
| View of Tegucigalpa from plane |
![]() |
| Hanging out with the family |
![]() |
| My best friend Albita, who moved to Spain |
![]() |
| The nurses and health center staff |
Even with all that, I am excited to go and see everyone. Hubster's family is planning on showing me how to cook some of his favorite foods. I am excited to learn more Honduran recipes - aside from the basics I know how to make. His aunt is an amazing cook - she can make really good baleadas and empanadas. Not that after one lesson I'll be a pro or anything - but it'll be fun times.
![]() |
| His aunt selling baleadas in Teguc |
I'm a bit worried about how hubster will handle going back and whether it will make him happy or depressed. He still misses Honduras all the time and doesn't consider the U.S. his home yet. Of course I know it's only been one year, but I think it will make going back harder. I don't know what scenario will be worse, a) he goes back and it feels like before he left and he fits right back in with his friends, or b) he feels left out and like all his friends continued their life without him and he doesn't fit in anymore. Neither scenario is good but either is possible. It's hard, and nearly impossible, to "go home" and so I'm hoping he's not too disappointed. It's hard for him here because no matter how many friends we make, none of them speak Spanish well enough for him to really talk to them. I can complain about husband things and marriage with any number of people but he has no one to talk to here. He can't complain about me or the horrible wife things I do nor can he talk with anyone about marriage or how hard life is. I don't think anyone in Honduras can relate to that (he doesn't actually know any men that are married and actually with their wife - they all get married and then move to the U.S. to support their family) and so I sometimes feel bad that he's so alone.
So hopefully it will go well and I won't have to drug him and stuff him in my suitcase to get him back to the U.S!






I hope you have a wonderful time in Honduras... even if you're not thrilled! Enjoy time with his family, and when you get back, send me an e-mail... we're swap partners for Lady's secret santa! younghomewifey@aol.com
ReplyDelete