13 August 2010

A First Paycheck

Hubs finally got his first paycheck!!  We are so happy, a tad bit of extra money this month.  He's been working for a while but at the beginning he was just volunteering and then when he finally got his residency card it took awhile to fill out the applications and get his first paycheck.  But it finally arrived.

He was soooooooooooooooo excited.  The first thing on his list to buy was a hair straightener and a blow dryer - for me.  I convinced him that it wasn't necessary because I didn't actually use those two things very often.  He really wanted to buy them for me because I'm currently borrowing my sisters all the time and he wants me to have my own.  So, instead he invited me on a date.  How sweet and romantic.  We're not sure when we'll go on our date, since we ended up not going tonight (my sis had already started dinner so we decided to eat the Aloha Chicken she was making).

Although money is still a huge stress factor because there is just not enough of it, it was so great finally seeing hubs get his first paycheck.  It's never easy for a man, especially a Honduran, to have to rely on his wife for 100% of the expenses.  And it doesn't help that I am not good at sharing.

It's odd actually.  I am great at sharing stuff but sometimes I can't believe how bad I am at sharing my money.  It's quite hard actually.  That is something that I'm working on.

So, we are really excited about the extra paycheck in the house.  And tomorrow hubs is opening a savings account at the bank!

3 comments:

  1. thats so cute! I hope you straighten your hair for the date ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another important milestone! He is a sweetie, wanting to buy stuff for you with his first cheque. Life will just keep getting a little easier all of the time Kattrina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's SO awesome!!! Jeo can definitely understand where he is coming from. He hates telling people he is "alma de casa" and already has his first check planned out too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!