06 February 2010

Officiant, check!!

{addison county courthouse}

I am happy to say that we have settled on an officiant.  Someone is going to marry us.  Since this is vital, I am very relieved that it has been decided.  I tried really hard to find a bilingual officiant, someone who could do the ceremony in both Spanish and English, but in Vermont, this proved to be impossible.  However, Annie Alexander-Kramer is next best.  Her son-in-law is Puerto Rican and speaks fluent Spanish and can practice with her.  Ivan and I will work on tranlsating the vows and ring exchange ceremony and then we'll be all set.  I know it won't be perfect, but at least Ivan will understand what he's "promising" to do for the rest of our life together.  Which I think is kinda important.  She also had some good ideas for personalizing the service and adding things in, which I was happy about.  I don't want to go overboard on the ceremony, but I'd like to have a few things that are special to just Ivan and me.  We'll see how that works out.

Also, Ivan has picked his best man or caballero: my Uncle Mike!!  They got along really well while he was visiting and so it worked out just right.  Ivan's family can't make the wedding (cost and visas), so it's nice that he'll have someone he knows with him and supporting him throughout the wedding.  THANK YOU UNCLE MIKE - Ivan and I really appreciate it and are touched that you're doing this for us.

Hmm, not much else to report on the wedding front.  This weekend I'm determined to get the invites out. 
I will get it done.  I will get it done.  I will get it done.

2 comments:

  1. cute blog! i love your background. :)
    xoxo. emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WILL get it done! You will get it done. You will get it done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!